Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ....  (Read 6276 times)

Jatt

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: MASTER RC LIST - REVISED AND MOST RECENT - Complete!
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2006, 11:47:43 PM »
hmm...then was there another one that went like what does the author mean by...

in the medical dr passage.

qqly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2006, 12:21:25 AM »
6. Which one of these was not mentioned in the passage?
Answer: No discussion of training or education of doctors

Anyone remember the answer choices that WERE mentioned?

I remember there is one choice about young women doctors? Is it training or education of young women doc? I thought the passage did mention something like that, at least on young women doctors?

gentlesea

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2006, 01:24:47 AM »
I did not finish the last few questions, and simply guess them. So I have no concept that if I got them right or not by reading the above discusstions of the last few questions, does anyone remember the approximate choices? Such as how many Ds and Bs it contains. Thanks :)

LSAT: June 160 Dec. 168 GPA: 3.6
Attending:
Accepted:
Rejected:
Applying: Boalt, Michigan, UCLA, GW, Boston, Minnesota, Vanderbilt

azraelx9

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2006, 01:46:43 AM »
So how many people disagree about the Women Dr. main point question?

I do, I picked C, pretty much exactly what A said but without "accepted" because I don't think the passage implied that female doctors were accepted, just that there existed female doctors. (i.e. you can say that there exists female doctors in society and that there's enough to make mention of them "unremarkable", however it doesn't mean the entire society accepts them, maybe the majority hated female doctors.)

qqly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2006, 01:55:16 AM »
So how many people disagree about the Women Dr. main point question?

I do, I picked C, pretty much exactly what A said but without "accepted" because I don't think the passage implied that female doctors were accepted, just that there existed female doctors. (i.e. you can say that there exists female doctors in society and that there's enough to make mention of them "unremarkable", however it doesn't mean the entire society accepts them, maybe the majority hated female doctors.)

I think you are right, i thought about this during the test, and did't pick the "accepted" one.
Do you still remember the one asking" everything except", still in this passage.
is there anything else in addition to "training/education of docs", did it mention something about young women docs?

Jatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2006, 09:17:21 AM »
ok so does anyone remember a question on the medical dr one...

that asked what does the author mean by quoting the writings on burial head stones??

remember there was a part of the passage, directly in the middle, end of 2nd paragraph i believe, that quotes the writings on the headstones of women dr's and it went something liek

"all of humanity is greatful for you and your contributions"....something along those lines...

and wasnt the answer that the author was implying that women were not restricted to just mid wifery...(just prior to that statement the author had spent the paragraph discussin mid wiferY)

trigger anyone's memories?

orangie

• Sr. Citizen
  • GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2006, 09:19:04 AM »
ok so does anyone remember a question on the medical dr one...

that asked what does the author mean by quoting the writings on burial head stones??

remember there was a part of the passage, directly in the middle, end of 2nd paragraph i believe, that quotes the writings on the headstones of women dr's and it went something liek

"all of humanity is greatful for you and your contributions"....something along those lines...

and wasnt the answer that the author was implying that women were not restricted to just mid wifery...(just prior to that statement the author had spent the paragraph discussin mid wiferY)

trigger anyone's memories?

you are right, and there was a discussion on this one.

Saja

• Sr. Citizen
  • Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2006, 09:29:07 AM »
You're right, but this was TRC:

5. What is the purpose of the phrase quoted at line 45-46 (praise for women drs)
Answer: To show that women practiced general medicine

azraelx9

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2006, 05:11:20 AM »
You're right, but this was TRC:

5. What is the purpose of the phrase quoted at line 45-46 (praise for women drs)
Answer: To show that women practiced general medicine

yea, there were two potential answers, the  wrong one was : effective at curing illness, the right one was practiced general medicine.

WaylonCash

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2006, 10:35:14 PM »
bmp