Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I need help....  (Read 3574 times)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I need help....
« on: August 13, 2004, 09:02:20 PM »
okay, so i've been wrestling with this all summer ... I thought I'd get some input.

So, here goes...I started my undergrad at U. of T. but because of my skating, I've spent sometime at a couple of different schools.  Anyways, last year I studied at the University of Windsor.  Windsor was amazing and I loved it so much.

But now I'm faced with a decision...I have to choose which school to go to next year to complete my degree and UofT is such a better school academically then Windsor.  I don't know if I should go back to UofT or not.  I mean, I like studying in windsor so much but I don't want to risk anything by finishing my degree at a lesser known school.   

plus ... there's a girl in windsor.  I mean, there's lots of girls...but one extra special one.  I know that in a year I'm gonna move away to law school anyways and it probably won't last.  Do you think its ridiculous to make a decision based on that?

Ahhhhh, i guess i'm just thinking out loud.  thanks for any advice ....

robbief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Right?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I need help....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 10:34:33 PM »
I think we decided yesterday that law schools look favourably on a school like U of T because of its low average GPA and whatnot.  So that, in itself, may be reason to stay at U of T.  It's only a year.  Not much in the grand scheme of anything, except your law school application.  But it seems that overriding whatever benefit that may have is this girl.  If you have a car, Windsor is only about 3 hours from Toronto -- close enough that, if you were so head over heels, you could go almost every weekend ... or she could visit here.  If the relationship's not at that stage yet, and you THINK there may be a girl, then it definitely doesn't make sense to me to throw away U of T's prestige for Windsor and a potential girl. 
But then there's the fact that Toronto is the world's most impersonal city with the largest potholes and most suffocating traffic I've ever known.  If I had the choice, I'd use any opportunity as an out from Toronto.  Just my opinion.  No conclusion, I know. 

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 10:59:23 PM »
AHAHAHA .. yeah, its not a potential girl.  we've been together for a while and I'm getting a lot of pressure to go back out there. 

and I know windsor's only 3 hours away, but you know how things are.  I think i'll probably end up flipping a coin.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

robbief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Right?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 11:08:57 PM »
I had a girlfriend who pressured me once.  Pressure scares the *&^% out of me.  It almost always turns into marriage talk, which, girls ought to know, usually sends guys running and screaming in the opposite direction.  At least, at the tender age of 20.

lexylit

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 11:11:54 PM »
I had a girlfriend who pressured me once.  Pressure scares the *&^% out of me.  It almost always turns into marriage talk, which, girls ought to know, usually sends guys running and screaming in the opposite direction.  At least, at the tender age of 20.

that's funny, i seem to always find myself on your side here ::)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 11:12:21 PM »
yeah, this is true.

I'm pretty much a huge idiot most of the time.  Things like commitment and relationships really aren't for me right now.  but this girls pretty cool.  Ah, i don't know.

Its more the fact that I hate UofT.  I just want to get out of here.  I doubt graduating from Windsor would hurt me that much.  I talked to UofT law about it and they said it wouldn't matter.  I got the impression that they were just saying whatever would make me feel better though.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 11:14:06 PM »

that's funny, i seem to always find myself on your side here ::)

that's awesome though.  the current REAL canadian population of ... ummm .. 3 is pretty lame.  Moogle is also canadian but for some reason doesn't post here! ... grrrrr

robbief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Right?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 11:21:46 PM »
Yes, UofT is the worst school the gods ever thought of.  It's way too big, with way too many teachers who don't care, and too much administrative staff that has no idea of what's going on.  It's more similar to a vacuum on the soul than a presitigious school.  I don't know.  I've never been at a loss for words, but when it comes to UofT, I just don't think it's possible to describe how depressing it is.  I hope no UofT potentials are reading this.  Or I hope they are... I don't know.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 11:25:30 PM »
Yes, UofT is the worst school the gods ever thought of.  It's way too big, with way too many teachers who don't care, and too much administrative staff that has no idea of what's going on.  It's more similar to a vacuum on the soul than a presitigious school.  I don't know.  I've never been at a loss for words, but when it comes to UofT, I just don't think it's possible to describe how depressing it is.  I hope no UofT potentials are reading this.  Or I hope they are... I don't know.

man, i feel the EXACT same way!  Its funny.  I guess the clueless staff and the profs who only care about their personal studies are pretty common then. 

UofT reminds me of a factory.  They just keep cranking out students every four years.  ah, if i could only go back 4 years and do it all differently.  Actually, I shouldn't say that...

robbief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Right?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 11:28:07 PM »
It could be worse.  I transfered from a pretty decent school (GWU) to UofT because of its price.  Most kids there think that's the way school should be.  I'm like the guy in Pleasantville and I try to explain, "No, your school is a dark hole, even on the sunny days.  This isn't the university experience."  I get many blank stares. 

I see, I make it seem like I'm the guy yelling on the corner about the end of the world.  Obviously, I'm just trying to make a point.