Googler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Edit
« on: June 13, 2006, 06:43:46 PM »
Edit

trolIik

• View Profile
Re: Yet another example of Liberals run amok...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 06:55:19 PM »
When will they learn?
I think he's serious, in an ultrawhite conservative sort of way.

KUHerb32

• Mace vs. Snakes? No question...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 07:00:50 PM »
Oh, I see.  So it's just anything that you don't like that you label as liberalism.  I was getting confused and thinking you were actually using the word as it was intended to be used.  Nevermind...

trolIik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 07:00:59 PM »
I especially like this line.  I didn't know that KFC was compelling me to eat unhealthy food? 

Of course they are. Didn't you know? Along with the liberals' complete disregard for personal responsibility comes the notion that the government -- or even more laughable, the big corporations -- should take responsibility for our choices. I guess it's never crossed their minds that people might actually have a CHOICE whether to eat KFC, go to mcdonalds or smoke a cigarette ... whether to charge their cards to the limit or break the speed limit. No, people are free to do whatever they want, and then blame someone else when the outcome sucks. It's really repulsive.

KUHerb32

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:39:09 PM »
Oh, I see.  So it's just anything that you don't like that you label as liberalism.  I was getting confused and thinking you were actually using the word as it was intended to be used.  Nevermind...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/03/10/fat.lawsuits/

Stop deluding yourself.  A lack of personal responsibility and a desire for a nanny state is a tenet of Liberal ideology. 

Surely you can see the difference between those two types of lawsuits.  If you can't, you should take your own advice (bolded for your convenience).

There's a serious flaw in the logic of your second sentence, aside from it being patently false.

KUHerb32

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 07:44:11 PM »
Clueless.

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 08:24:22 PM »
I especially like this line.  I didn't know that KFC was compelling me to eat unhealthy food? 

Of course they are. Didn't you know? Along with the liberals' complete disregard for personal responsibility comes the notion that the government -- or even more laughable, the big corporations -- should take responsibility for our choices. I guess it's never crossed their minds that people might actually have a CHOICE whether to eat KFC, go to mcdonalds or smoke a cigarette ... whether to charge their cards to the limit or break the speed limit. No, people are free to do whatever they want, and then blame someone else when the outcome sucks. It's really repulsive.

While you are obviously a spoof, this post was sensible.  Nice job. 

Hahaha, the spoofs have you a bit confused, do they not?  No, this is Crusader Trollik, making more sense than I've ever heard from him. 

I'm in full agreement with both of you on this.  Even if, as a society, we decided that it would be a good idea for fast food restaurants to serve healthier food, this should clearly be a legislative responsibility, not a judicial one.

EDIT: I'm the idiot, fake Trollik fooled me.  I should've known the real trollik would never make that much sense!
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

trolIik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 08:24:48 PM »
Secret: Liberals' arguments are fine. I call them names when I can't think of anything to say.  

trolIik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 09:44:24 PM »
My coworker's grandmother died of lung cancer earlier this year.  He told me that their family was thinking about suing the tobacco companies.  What a moron.  She made the decision to buy cigarettes for years.  She basically signed her death certificate.  What right do they have to sue?  When my coworker mentioned that she started smoking when they were considered safe and by the time the "cancer stick" reputation had set in she was already too addicted to quit, I walked away.

A colleague of mine bought a scalding hot cup of coffee from a Dunkin' Donuts and spilled it on himself. He scalded his testes, it sounds funny but it's really  terrible. He might not be able to reproduce.

His tiresome litigious liberal wife demanded that he sue, because it shouldn't be his responsibility, the BIG EVIL corporations made the coffee too hot. I mean, come on. Does personal responsibility mean anything to these people?

For instance, I would not hold anyone but myself responsible if I died from E.coli-laced meat. I mean, I know very well that meat might contain E.coli. I could die with any bite. This is simply a risk I accept, as would anyone intelligent. Even in cases of clear medical malpractice, no, sorry, going to a doctor carries with it a certain degree of risk. We can't hold anyone else responsible for our mistakes, unless of course these involve me or my family, because as you all know, I am always right.

trolIik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 09:48:19 PM »
Secondly, that argument that once someone is addicted they can't stop is bull.  Someone who can't quit doing ANYTHING simply doesn't have the willpower.  It's the same with overeating and any other social ill. 

Exactly right. Indeed, people could do anything they want -- quit crack cocaine, break documented chemical dependencies, or ditch tar heroin cold turkey -- with no assistance, no medication, just willpower. I know this because I have heard it, and I believe the people who told it to me. This makes it correct.

Anyone who disagrees does so because they are a liberal with a hidden agenda to further. This makes their views inadmissable, so save your breath.