Law School Discussion

For those who normally average high (168+)

Re: For those who normally average high (168+)
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2006, 12:19:29 PM »
I actually counted the horse question as incorrect for myself, but along with the pollen question it is one that I donot have much confidence in as far as the post-mortem is concerned.

Bork

• Monkey Stealing My Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2006, 12:26:07 PM »
One more thing to remember, the people on this thread represent the elite students and June test takers of this cycle.  If we had trouble with the LR, John Doe is toast.

John Doe posted on one of the other threads though, and he's claiming that he kicked ass on the test...   :-\   That makes me even more worried about the scale...

;)

One thing I know about John Doe, is that because there are so many answers that feel right but are not, John Doe can FEEL like he kicked ass all he wants.

Harper

• works every time
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2006, 12:27:03 PM »
The stimulus said specifically that the centaur represents both man and horse.

I don't think it did.  Do you have the wording?

Oh-oh, someone just broke his word not to get sucked in again.

I know it.   :-[  

I think it was the defiantly confident contradiction which did me in.   ;)

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2006, 12:47:46 PM »
It may be awful, but I feel so much better that many other well preped test takers thought the LR on this test was gnarly.  I am going to take all this info and tell myself the scale will be forgiving.  I hate the horse/man question too, but I firmly believe the answer is that the horse in real life does not represent the horse in the myth.

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2006, 12:51:56 PM »

The stimulus did not explicitly say that the centaur represents man and horse.  It simply said that the emergence of the centuar in art and myth coincided with the domestication of horses.

I also chose the answer about the horse not being the same as the centuar in people's minds because there is no reason to believe that based on the stimulus.  Besides, even if the centaur represents man and horse, this doesn't say anything about horses.  Maybe people believed that men on horses were evil, but didn't think that horses themselves were scary or dangerous.

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2006, 01:05:10 PM »

The stimulus did not explicitly say that the centaur represents man and horse.  It simply said that the emergence of the centuar in art and myth coincided with the domestication of horses.

I also chose the answer about the horse not being the same as the centuar in people's minds because there is no reason to believe that based on the stimulus.  Besides, even if the centaur represents man and horse, this doesn't say anything about horses.  Maybe people believed that men on horses were evil, but didn't think that horses themselves were scary or dangerous.

I'm pretty sure you are right and I am so kicking myself for that question. I fell for the infamous LSAT trick of putting an attractive wrong answer last. I usually put a check mark next to a potential answer choice and keep reading the rest of them. Well I put the question mark next to the one about horses not being the same as the centaur in people's minds but then I got to question E and it sounded right to me so I didn't even bother to go back and look at my other potentially correct answer, plus I was in a rush and wanted to make sure I finish the section as I was already a little behind my usual time. Darn it.

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »
All I remember about the horse question is that I put A.  :-\  Is this even a debated answer? lol

stormandstress

• ... im struggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2006, 02:10:17 PM »
All I remember about the horse question is that I put A.  :-\  Is this even a debated answer? lol

Thats what I put as well. I'm pretty sure that was the majority answer.

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2006, 02:19:14 PM »
I usually miss less than a question per LR section.  I probably missed 3 or 4 combined on Monday's test, but I made at least 2 really stupid mistakes.

polkadot

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2006, 03:31:25 PM »
What was the wording for the horse E answer? I kind of feel like I picked it...nooooooo.