Law School Discussion

For those who normally average high (168+)

denk

• View Profile
Re: For those who normally average high (168+)
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2006, 12:42:28 PM »
One more thing to remember, the people on this thread represent the elite students and June test takers of this cycle.  If we had trouble with the LR, John Doe is toast.

Yes, I believe this is absolutely true.  Especially after talking to the people I took the test with;  most test-takers are in college and seem to approach the test like anything else - get down to studying a week or two beforehand, and then don't have much time until their other studies are done.

The LSD population of _seriously obsessed_ people on the other hand, is NOT representative.

Harper

• works every time
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2006, 12:59:26 PM »
One more thing to remember, the people on this thread represent the elite students and June test takers of this cycle.  If we had trouble with the LR, John Doe is toast.

John Doe posted on one of the other threads though, and he's claiming that he kicked ass on the test...   :-\   That makes me even more worried about the scale...

;)

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2006, 01:14:38 PM »
I was so sure the first LR was experimental... until the next two sections were both games. I usually get no more than 3-4 wrong total on both LR sections combined. I'm already sure I got four wrong yesterday, and there are about five more I'm questioning... all/most of which I probably missed.
Games are usually my weakest section, and a struggle to finish within the time limit. Yesterday I finished with 5 minutes left, which has NEVER happened before. I'm hoping that will make up somewhat for the bad LR section (although it can't help the scale  :( ).
Anyway, looks like my solid 172 average is going to drop to a mid 160 on the real thing. Disappointing, but I'd rather retake in September if I need to than cancel my score.

paigeroo

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2006, 01:15:51 PM »
I was so sure the first LR was experimental... until the next two sections were both games. I usually get no more than 3-4 wrong total on both LR sections combined. I'm already sure I got four wrong yesterday, and there are about five more I'm questioning... all/most of which I probably missed.
Games are usually my weakest section, and a struggle to finish within the time limit. Yesterday I finished with 5 minutes left, which has NEVER happened before. I'm hoping that will make up somewhat for the bad LR section (although it can't help the scale  :( ).
Anyway, looks like my solid 172 average is going to drop to a mid 160 on the real thing. Disappointing, but I'd rather retake in September if I need to than cancel my score.

Coffee, or anyone if you remember anything about the logic games we are missing PLEASE contribute.  That list is almost finished as well!!!  Thanks guys!!!

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2006, 10:52:07 AM »
Questions I'm pretty sure I got wrong: prestige (forgot answer), horse, tools, praiseworthy (forgot answer),  new age philosopher (probably wrong), intelligence (forgot answer).  Ugh, that's 5-6 that I surely missed.  On RC: why atmospheric gasses, append the passage, probably the main point of computerized trial, and maybe another on the women's.  So i'm starting with a base of about 8-10 wrong.   :-\

Out of curiosity, what did you put for the horse one?  I think I picked an answer that hasn't even been mentioned, something about horses being mean in real life?  Lol, I feel like it was something to that effect.

that's the one I picked, I think it said that the people that created the myths had to be afraid of the horses in real life.

"presupposes, without providing evidence, that humans have no real reason for fearing horses"

Is that what you're talking about?

Maybe, I don't even remember what type of question it was, I just remember the horses and fear :) This is awful. I'm psyching myself out about answers I don't even remember putting down.

I'm with you.  I think the right answer was the one about real reason for fearing horses. 

Harper

• works every time
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2006, 11:11:44 AM »
Questions I'm pretty sure I got wrong: prestige (forgot answer), horse, tools, praiseworthy (forgot answer),  new age philosopher (probably wrong), intelligence (forgot answer).  Ugh, that's 5-6 that I surely missed.  On RC: why atmospheric gasses, append the passage, probably the main point of computerized trial, and maybe another on the women's.  So i'm starting with a base of about 8-10 wrong.   :-\

Out of curiosity, what did you put for the horse one?  I think I picked an answer that hasn't even been mentioned, something about horses being mean in real life?  Lol, I feel like it was something to that effect.

that's the one I picked, I think it said that the people that created the myths had to be afraid of the horses in real life.

"presupposes, without providing evidence, that humans have no real reason for fearing horses"

Is that what you're talking about?

Maybe, I don't even remember what type of question it was, I just remember the horses and fear :) This is awful. I'm psyching myself out about answers I don't even remember putting down.

I'm with you.  I think the right answer was the one about real reason for fearing horses. 

Yeah, but who's to say that the half-man-half-horse mythological creature even represents real horses in the first place?  That, IMHO, is the flaw that makes the argument fall apart.

Aaaaaargh, I promised myself I would stop obsessing over the test!!  Ok, this is the last time I'll let myself get sucked back in.

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2006, 11:59:41 AM »
The stimulus said specifically that the centaur represents both man and horse.

stormandstress

• ... im struggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2006, 12:09:35 PM »
I typically miss 1 or 2 on both LR sections combined. I've had at least four sections on practice tests where I did not miss any LR questions at all.

I felt that these were the hardest LR sections I had ever encountered.

Harper

• works every time
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2006, 12:11:56 PM »

I don't think it did.  Do you have the wording?

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2006, 12:17:09 PM »

I don't think it did.  Do you have the wording?

Oh-oh, someone just broke his word not to get sucked in again.