Law School Discussion

Cancelled

JoeGibbsRedskins

Re: Cancelled
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 10:39:25 AM »
also it is not a good idea to take a lot of test and just review the answers.  That does not really  help. You are just doing the same things wrong every test. And then  u look at the right answer and say ( yeah of course)

The key is do get the bible down cold.  That is the only way my score has gone up.  And the bible does not take a yr to study. It takes 3 weeks maybe. If u work and do not have much time. Maybe a few months.

Also take the newer test. The old test logic part are real easy. And the games are too hard. 

The new test is the opposite. The games are easier and logic is harder.

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 11:08:17 AM »
also it is not a good idea to take a lot of test and just review the answers.  That does not really  help. You are just doing the same things wrong every test. And then  u look at the right answer and say ( yeah of course)

The key is do get the bible down cold.  That is the only way my score has gone up.  And the bible does not take a yr to study. It takes 3 weeks maybe. If u work and do not have much time. Maybe a few months.

Also take the newer test. The old test logic part are real easy. And the games are too hard. 

The new test is the opposite. The games are easier and logic is harder.

You're assuming that every person has the same problems you had. For many (if not most) test takers, finishing each section on time is difficult because they cannot read fast enough, they get nervous/stressed, etc. Working with practice tests helps address the issue of time in a way that the bibles do not. Reading speed is something that really needs quite a bit of timed practice, which is something you'll see in a lot of high school reading classes that are attempting to address the problem of fluency.

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »
that is the point  of doing the bibles. When u learn all the bible down cold. You will go through the problems quick. And u will be getting the  ( problems right)

Trust me. I tried it the first way. I was lazy and did not feel like learning new things. So i just took the test and checked my answers. And every freaking test my raw score would not improve. I only improved by going  over the bibles and reading ( everything) I can answer questions faster now. And i do not struggle with what the author means.

There is a reason they have bibles man. Taking a lot of test will not make u improve. Just like a basketball player who simply plays a lot of games will not improve. You got to learn the fundamentals.

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 12:48:18 PM »
also speed is not the problem. It is if u can understand what the author is saying. I mean anyone can read a passage in 8.45 unless u have problems. The problem is people have to re read a passage mutiple times to understand something. Or a logic question.

It is not about speed reading or anything. Not about taking a bunch of test.  It is all about the  fundamentals.

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 12:51:22 PM »
With all respect, I have a teaching background and can tell you that everyone learns differently. I understand that the bibles worked for you, but I have spoken to other people who did not have a good experience with the bibles. For slow readers, the problem is more global than just not understanding the question. Reading speed is something that is developed over a lifetime and cannot be improved using two books. Not everyone can read and answer questions on a passage in 8.45 minutes.