Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 2006 Story  (Read 2466 times)

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
June 2006 Story
« on: June 13, 2006, 03:34:39 AM »
Not much of a scary one but still funny.

I'm one of those lucky ones who actually get to take the test at the university I'm currently attending for my undergrad (Electical Engineering at McGill University in Montreal).
So exactly one week before the test I practice driving down there, going to the the building that i'd gone a hundred times before to practice in more test-like environment.
Few days later I'm golfing with my friends, he tells me to stop doing practice tests and actually practice just the half hour drive from my suburban house to downtown. I laughed and said I already had.
Well, low and behold, today while driving down, I get a caught for running a yellow that changed to red while I was in the intersection. As well, I got caught for driving with out my Immatriculation de Véhicule ( vehicle registration in french). Anyways 151$ CAD fine for running the red, 52$ find for no registration which I didn't get for being nice to the cop (Probably because I spoke french with him). Oh and 3 demerit points of my license.
Good thing I left early and got there with plenty time to spare. I also got put into the exact same room for my test as the room I chose to study in on my "practice drive day".

Now just wait for my result I guess...
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

Apples and Oranges

• Sr. Citizen
  • My puppy
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MissPalmboom
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: June 2006 Story
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 09:01:20 PM »
Just have to say hi to another "McGillian" -- I just graduated and I'm starting law school in the fall.  How did the test go?

Tuttipoopoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 09:43:54 PM »
wow that cop must be an a-hole.  did you tell him you're taking the LSAT and show him your registration sheet and how this is one of the most important days of your life that could easily make or break your law school prospects and future as an attorney? 

if u said all that and he still gave you two tickets, i'd say he deserves to be taught a lesson.
Waiting.....

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 12:12:09 AM »
He set a trap there to catch everyone who ran that light, and lots of people do. And had I told him about the LSAT, how it is a standardized test for ENGLISH law schools and how I was probably going to look for work outside the province, I'm pretty sure he would probably have given me another ticket. Every cop in Quebec speaks good French and bad English. If you speak English to them, they cut you no slack. They only put more pain on you.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.