Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The "I Hate Photosynthesis And Never Want To Hear About It Again" Support Group  (Read 3159 times)

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I think the title is pretty self-explanatory. I didn't budget my time well, especially since RC can be one of the longer areas for me, and with so many questions, I barely had any time at all when I got to the last one. From there on, after a false hope involving Native Americans, it was one big jumble of atoms and plants and random answer choices as time was called...

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
  • The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
Why am I not surprised there was a passage involving Native Americans. Anything about dioxin too?
There foam'd rebellious Logic, gagg'd and bound.                           
            -  Charles Dodgson,  "Lewis Carroll"                               
                         "The Game of Logic"

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Does carbon dioxide count?

Jeez, I mean, I knew it had been a few years since I took my science GEs, but come on! Two paragraphs straight of technical explanation worthy of an advanced bio textbook? Yeesh.

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
I feel for you. Better you than me.
                         "The Game of Logic"

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Well, you do have a cool Latin name, I suppose. I was actually thinking about how clever it was while lurking last week...

Still, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And right at the end made me feel poorly overall about the test. But I guess I'll get what I get.

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
aww thanks. You are probably only the second or third person who's gotten the joke about my moniker.

Are you considering cancelling? If you feel your performance was that far off track, and you mentioned in another thread that you hadn't felt that you'd your best effort into preparing, it might be worth pondering.
                         "The Game of Logic"

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Eh, I'm not planning on cancelling unless a bunch of my LR responses were different from the consensus. I honestly don't know if I would ever improve with further preparation, as I've been studying on and off for a year without any real gains. It's just that I always miss a couple per section, usually. I don't know if I'd really do better enough on future tests to all-out prepare and such.

Honestly, what it came down to in determining whether or not to postpone/cancel was the amount of sleep I got, how rested I felt, and then how I felt about the test afterwards. Yeah, I think I probably would've scored a couple points higher had I prepared more, but at this point, I don't feel it's worth it. A bird in the hand is worth three in the bush and all that.

Everyone seems to agree it was an extremely difficult passage, and I'm hoping the scale will reflect that.

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Well good luck with the outcome. You seem content with your decision, and that's an enviable state to a lot of people.
                         "The Game of Logic"

orangie

• Sr. Citizen
  • GULC '10
    • View Profile
I join.  This one screwed me up twice: 1) not enough time-random choices; 2) after they said pencils down, I realized that I misbubbled as my sheet had 2 answers less than the section, and I did answer the last question.
Cancelled.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I think it's more laziness than anything else. I'm still super anal though, and I'll be here all night working on the LR...

Prangi: Ouch! That sounds like an LSAT horror story to me, if there ever were one. I wonder how many people got screwed up because of it. I guess we'll find out.