Law School Discussion

MASTER RC LIST...GO!!!

paigeroo

Re: MASTER RC LIST...GO!!!
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2006, 01:06:48 PM »
Let's try to start up an RC master list.  I'm sorry, I won't be much help, but anyone who can remember any questions, see if we can begin to build a consensus. 

Alright, here's the last complete list we made (Thanks to Azrael for the work)

Add to the master list ANY questions you remember, once we have the question the answer is easily remembered, also can someone match the answers for the  last passage with the question that was asked?

We need more questions form the first and second passages

1. Computer generated crime scenes

1.) Main point
    Ans -  ??

2.) The accident recreation
   Answer- 100% sure - Volcano

3.) What does the author explicity state should be done in the courtrooms when using this technology?
- 100% sure ans : Judges should warn the jurors that the technology can be inherently biased

4)  which one of these was not listed as an advantage of computer modelling:
incorrect answers: the ability to freeze frame, the ability to control viewpoint, seemless intergration of visual,
Correct ans: I think it said  "Makes trials more Fair", or something liek that, a fairly obvious AC imo

2. Classifying African Art

1. Main Point: Ans: "argues that a particular method of classifying art is mistaken",

2 Title of the passage:
 Cultural centres: Their significance in reclassifying African Art", or something like that.

3 Feature of the masks that Ko can use to distinguish:
     100% sure ans: -mouth Shape   (diamond shaped)

4 What can be inferred from the passage:
         - 100% sure ans: The K dealt with trives other than Nem and (____) ///    (passage said 5 groups, nem and (___) were two examples)

5.  What statment are the critics/scholars listed in line 2-5 most likely to agree with?
      concensus ans : "Tribal origin is significant in classifying African Art", or something like that.

3. Female doctors in Greece and Rome
1. Main Point
-A. Something about women doctors being “accepted”
-C.

2.  Endpoint added to the last paragraph
 Concensus Ans (and mine) - authors of the texts though women doctors were unremarkable, just like plato said

3. What is the author's opinion about the type of sources mention in (somewhere in the 1st paragraph)?
- concensus answer : Confident
 -  alternative minority ans: optimistic

4. What is the purpose of the 3rd paragraph?  (doctors aren’t midwives)
-additional information supporting claim made above

5.  Purpose of phrase quoted at line 45-46  (about praise for women doctors)
-   general medial practice

6.  Infered:
"no written record of licensed women docs"--- at the beginning of the passage it mentioned that so and so in Italy in 13xx was the first licensed female doc we have evidence for,  also begining of 2nd passage : "no lists of female medical practioners"

7.  "which one of these was not mentioned in the passage?" I seem to remember an answer like
incorrect acs:
"there's no discussion of the training or education of doctors"

4. The science of maize (corn)

function of the phrase "other atmospheric gases"
Ans: explains Co2 in later part of passage  (C02 transformation)

something like what can you infer about rice?
Ans: Rubisco in air tight  vascular sheath cells

Ans: enzyme other than rubisco

Something Author would agree with:
Ans: some evolutionary adaptations benefit humans

Organization of 2nd and 3rd paragraph
 explaining a process, a hinderance in that process, and an evolutionary adaptation to that problem

YAY!  :D

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2006, 01:08:02 PM »
Hey guys, if anyone can remember anything about the THIRD GAME on the LG section, please head over to the LG Master List thread and post what you remember!

This is what we've got so far:

Classes Game - 5 questions, Grouping
Still missing most of the rules for this one.

Vaguely remember that for the last question, sociology and geography can't be on the same day, because S -> Z and G --> NOT Z.

paigeroo

« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2006, 01:30:53 PM »
*BUMP

let's finish this sucker off.

spud1987

« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2006, 01:33:55 PM »
The answer I got on the first passage first question was E, I'm pretty confident I got it right too.  I just don't remember exactly what it said.

spud1987

« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2006, 01:35:53 PM »
I also agree that "confident" was the right answer on passage three.

spud1987

« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2006, 01:39:18 PM »
I think I put "A" on the purpose of the passage question for photosynthesis.  I was debating with another answer though because they were similar.  Thats all I can think of now, I hope we can get this RC list done, its the only passage I'm unsure of how I did.  I think I missed between 3 and 5.

gish

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2006, 01:58:10 PM »
We seem to be missing the following question from African art:

Q): What is the meaning of the phrase "stylistic center"?
A): A particular location that crafted similar but subtly varied art and distributed it across a large geographic region.

spud1987

« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2006, 02:12:29 PM »
We seem to be missing the following question from African art:

Q): What is the meaning of the phrase "stylistic center"?
A): A particular location that crafted similar but subtly varied art and distributed it across a large geographic region.

Oh ya good call, I got that same answer. 

« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2006, 02:48:12 PM »
I'll try to get a list going for the courtroom one here:

Question about the author's main point: I remember this one being trickier than normal, with two solid options. Pretty sure i picked A, somthing about despite their persuasive power, those involved with trials using computer models had to be careful...

Question about which was most similar: Volcano model. Book it.

Question about which one of these was not listed as an advantage of computer modelling: The incorrect answers included the ability to freeze frame, the ability to control viewpoint. The correct answer I'm fairly sure was E, and it stood out from the rest. (But not enough that I remember what the heck it was).

Which of these does the author explicitly state in the passage: Judges should warn juries about the persuasive power of computer generated testimony.

What else?

i think the answer was that it helps lawyers to prevent giving biased and distorted testimonies, something like this. im pretty sure this was the one becuase the whole point of the passage was that with the computer tech althoug many positives..., still possiblilty for biased and distortion, but the passage never said that it would help eliminate this type of testimony

« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2006, 03:07:19 PM »
Add to the master list ANY questions you remember, once we have the question the answer is easily remembered, also can someone match the answers for the  last passage with the question that was asked?

We need more questions form the first and second passages

1. Computer generated crime scenes   (5 questions, finished)

1.) Main point
    Ans -  ??

2.) The accident recreation
   Answer- 100% sure - Volcano

3.) What does the author explicity state should be done in the courtrooms when using this technology?
- 100% sure ans : Judges should warn the jurors that the technology can be inherently biased

4)  which one of these was not listed as an advantage of computer modelling:
incorrect answers: the ability to freeze frame, the ability to control viewpoint, seemless intergration of visual,
Correct ans: "It helps lawyers prevent biased/unfair testimony"

5) What would the author most agree with?
Two possible answers:   1) Computer evidence shoudl be stopped until adequate funding (financial aid)
                        2) lawyers should make sure the evidence doesn't rely on speculative leaps in                 judgment regarding crime reconstruction

IMO #2 is verbatim and correct,  author never said having no financial aid = should stop computer evidence, just that having no financial aid was unfair and should be corrected

2. Classifying African Art

1. Main Point: Ans: "argues that a particular method of classifying art is mistaken",

2 Title of the passage:
 Cultural centres: Their significance in reclassifying African Art", or something like that.

3 Feature of the masks that Ko can use to distinguish:
     100% sure ans: -mouth Shape   (diamond shaped)

4 What can be inferred from the passage:
         - 100% sure ans: The K dealt with tribes other than Nem and (____) ///    (passage said 5 groups, nem and (___) were two examples)

5.  What statment are the critics/scholars listed in line 2-5 most likely to agree with?
      concensus ans : "Tribal origin is significant in classifying African Art", or something like that.

3. Female doctors in Greece and Rome
1. Main Point
-A. Something about women doctors being “accepted”
-C.

2.  Endpoint added to the last paragraph
 Concensus Ans (and mine) - authors of the texts thought women doctors were unremarkable, just like plato said

3. What is the author's opinion about the type of sources mention in (somewhere in the 1st paragraph)?
 Ans : "though fragmented, are sources which reliable infrences can be based on "
Optimistic  vs confident??

4. What is the purpose of the 3rd paragraph?  (doctors aren’t midwives)
-additional information supporting claim made above

5.  Purpose of phrase quoted at line 45-46  (about praise for women doctors)
-   general medial practice

6.  Infered:
"no written record of licensed women docs"--- at the beginning of the passage it mentioned that so and so in Italy in 13xx was the first licensed female doc we have evidence for,  also begining of 2nd passage : "no lists of female medical practioners"

7.  "which one of these was not mentioned in the passage?"
incorrect acs:
Correct AC : "theres discussion of the training or education of doctors"

4. The science of maize (corn)

function of the phrase "other atmospheric gases"
Ans: explains Co2 in later part of passage  (C02 transformation)

something like what can you infer about rice?
Ans: Rubisco in air tight  vascular sheath cells

Ans: enzyme other than rubisco

Something Author would agree with:
Ans: some evolutionary adaptations benefit humans

Organization of 2nd and 3rd paragraph
 explaining a process, a hinderance in that process, and an evolutionary adaptation to that problem