Law School Discussion

Rockie

• Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
Re: MASTER LR LIST- 39 TO GO!
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2006, 07:42:04 PM »
[quote author=Rockbird
No clue, you'd have to jog my memory with question subjects.

Was #26 possibly the one about computers and TVs...like whether computers will replace TVs?  I think I got C, which was something about most people with computers already having TVs. Ring a bell?  Or was this not 26?

I dont know what number it was but I got the same answer for the TV/computer question.

Rockie

• Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
Re: MASTER LR LIST- 33 TO GO!
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2006, 07:42:54 PM »
What about the one with the Birds/Flies/Grass/Cows lol. Or was that exp. section?

Predators kept away by cows is the alternate reason.

Harper

• works every time
    • AOL Instant Messenger - harperfan02138
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harperfan02138
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2006, 07:45:22 PM »
To whomever is updating the master list:

For #17, I think that answer is correct, but I recall something about being "medically effective," not just effective.

Thanks Duhon, I'll make a note of that and I think you mean #18.

And to think, paige, you were worried about there not being a p-m!  Turns out people are too fried to remember the details of most questions anyways. 

Agreed about the predators and the birds, btw. 

Raoul Duke

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2006, 07:47:25 PM »
For the distribution of herbal supplements question--I think that was a two part question, and I think my second answer involved the boss realizing money wouldnt be made

also for the Video games/kids/aggression question--does anyone know more information?
I thought that one was pretty easy and I am pretty sure thats not the answer i got.

14 of 18 posted so far though, and blazed as hell, so i could be wrong about these things.

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2006, 07:49:16 PM »
whats the consensus about the air traffic control thing?  also, what was the question about HDL? 

Corgi

Re: MASTER LR LIST- 38 TO GO!
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2006, 07:52:34 PM »
For the unconscious/intelligence one, I think the correct answer was something like "intelligence does not require consciousness." Does anyone remember that specific choice? If that was really a choice, then that one would have to be correct. If intelligence required consciousness, then by proving animals have intelligence, one would have also proven that animals have consciousness.

Here's a nugget, guys...parallel reasoning, something like #21 in one of the real LR sections:

Mathematics and music educations, music develops math skills, not necessarily because a intellectually nurturing home could be the cause of both. I think the correct answer was the kids with difficulty in class that could have undiagnosed hearing problems. The pattern to replicate was that there could be some third factor that influences both of the identified factors. This was probably the toughest LR question on the test. There were several other answer choices that were really attractive. But I think the kids in class one was the only one that hit on the 3rd factor influencing two previously identified ones.

Yeah, but in that case, the reason given only explained the first part, which then caused the poor grades.  The bad hearing isn't causing the bad grades, per se - it's causing the failure to pay attention, which in turn causes the bad grades.  I answered C, but I can't for the life of me remember what that was...

I chose C as well, but the answer slips my mind.

I chose C too it was something about healthy and eating fruits and vegetables yet it said they aren't really causing it, it could just be a correlation.

Raoul Duke

Re: MASTER LR LIST- 31 TO GO!
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2006, 07:53:28 PM »
19. Humans not being able to evolve with dinosaurs/climate zone
Answer: If they lived in different climate zones

Anyone remember more options on this one?

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
Re: MASTER LR LIST- 31 TO GO!
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2006, 07:58:27 PM »
19. Humans not being able to evolve with dinosaurs/climate zone
Answer: If they lived in different climate zones

Anyone remember more options on this one?

I don't even remember this question.  Could it have been in the experimental?

• View Profile
Re: MASTER LR LIST- 38 TO GO!
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2006, 07:59:55 PM »
For the unconscious/intelligence one, I think the correct answer was something like "intelligence does not require consciousness." Does anyone remember that specific choice? If that was really a choice, then that one would have to be correct. If intelligence required consciousness, then by proving animals have intelligence, one would have also proven that animals have consciousness.

Here's a nugget, guys...parallel reasoning, something like #21 in one of the real LR sections:

Mathematics and music educations, music develops math skills, not necessarily because a intellectually nurturing home could be the cause of both. I think the correct answer was the kids with difficulty in class that could have undiagnosed hearing problems. The pattern to replicate was that there could be some third factor that influences both of the identified factors. This was probably the toughest LR question on the test. There were several other answer choices that were really attractive. But I think the kids in class one was the only one that hit on the 3rd factor influencing two previously identified ones.

Yeah, but in that case, the reason given only explained the first part, which then caused the poor grades.  The bad hearing isn't causing the bad grades, per se - it's causing the failure to pay attention, which in turn causes the bad grades.  I answered C, but I can't for the life of me remember what that was...

I chose C as well, but the answer slips my mind.

I chose C too it was something about healthy and eating fruits and vegetables yet it said they aren't really causing it, it could just be a correlation.

I think the answer was (A), the one about bad hearing causing poor grades.  Although (C) said there was a correlation, it did not elaborate on a potential cause of the correlation, which was mentioned in the stimulus to the question and thus, also should have been paralleled.

paigeroo

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2006, 08:01:01 PM »
To whomever is updating the master list:

For #17, I think that answer is correct, but I recall something about being "medically effective," not just effective.

Thanks Duhon, I'll make a note of that and I think you mean #18.

And to think, paige, you were worried about there not being a p-m!  Turns out people are too fried to remember the details of most questions anyways. 

Agreed about the predators and the birds, btw. 

I know right?!  Silly me...  ;)