Law School Discussion

Re: MASTER LR LIST- 39 TO GO!
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 07:09:52 PM »
I have no idea which section it was in but I remember that one and it was def. that she might have to disclose for another reason (or assuming the stated criteria are the only reasons she'd have to disclose or whatever). I thought that was an easy one, especially considering the endless series of tricky ones we've been arguing over.

Yeah actually this particular question wasn't too hard, it's just the only one I remember from a brutal section.  The one before it (#24), it was a "which of the following has the same reasoning pattern"...do you remember if by chance you put "E"?  Also, for the one after it (#26), I have no memory whatsoever of the question, but do you remember what you got?  Was it "C"?

Rockie

• Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 07:11:25 PM »
I have no idea which section it was in but I remember that one and it was def. that she might have to disclose for another reason (or assuming the stated criteria are the only reasons she'd have to disclose or whatever). I thought that was an easy one, especially considering the endless series of tricky ones we've been arguing over.

Yeah actually this particular question wasn't too hard, it's just the only one I remember from a brutal section.  The one before it (#24), it was a "which of the following has the same reasoning pattern"...do you remember if by chance you put "E"?  Also, for the one after it (#26), I have no memory whatsoever of the question, but do you remember what you got?  Was it "C"?

No clue, you'd have to jog my memory with question subjects.

Sooner

• View Profile
Re: MASTER LR LIST- 38 TO GO!
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 07:21:29 PM »
For the unconscious/intelligence one, I think the correct answer was something like "intelligence does not require consciousness." Does anyone remember that specific choice? If that was really a choice, then that one would have to be correct. If intelligence required consciousness, then by proving animals have intelligence, one would have also proven that animals have consciousness.

Here's a nugget, guys...parallel reasoning, something like #21 in one of the real LR sections:

Mathematics and music educations, music develops math skills, not necessarily because a intellectually nurturing home could be the cause of both. I think the correct answer was the kids with difficulty in class that could have undiagnosed hearing problems. The pattern to replicate was that there could be some third factor that influences both of the identified factors. This was probably the toughest LR question on the test. There were several other answer choices that were really attractive. But I think the kids in class one was the only one that hit on the 3rd factor influencing two previously identified ones.

Harper

• works every time
    • AOL Instant Messenger - harperfan02138
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harperfan02138
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 07:27:39 PM »
For the unconscious/intelligence one, I think the correct answer was something like "intelligence does not require consciousness." Does anyone remember that specific choice? If that was really a choice, then that one would have to be correct. If intelligence required consciousness, then by proving animals have intelligence, one would have also proven that animals have consciousness.

Here's a nugget, guys...parallel reasoning, something like #21 in one of the real LR sections:

Mathematics and music educations, music develops math skills, not necessarily because a intellectually nurturing home could be the cause of both. I think the correct answer was the kids with difficulty in class that could have undiagnosed hearing problems. The pattern to replicate was that there could be some third factor that influences both of the identified factors. This was probably the toughest LR question on the test. There were several other answer choices that were really attractive. But I think the kids in class one was the only one that hit on the 3rd factor influencing two previously identified ones.

Yeah, but in that case, the reason given only explained the first part, which then caused the poor grades.  The bad hearing isn't causing the bad grades, per se - it's causing the failure to pay attention, which in turn causes the bad grades.  I answered C, but I can't for the life of me remember what that was...

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2006, 07:30:32 PM »
HDL/LDL question, high levels of LDL correlated with low risk, I believe it was a weaken EXCEPT

the answer was something like LDL is removed from the blood more quickly then HDL

the pilots and flight crew cross-check/ verbal communications

I picked something like verbal communication increases depending upon other means available

Somber writer, point at issue

I put they disagree about whether a writer who writes somber stuff can be a good writer

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2006, 07:31:13 PM »
[quote author=Rockbird
No clue, you'd have to jog my memory with question subjects.

Was #26 possibly the one about computers and TVs...like whether computers will replace TVs?  I think I got C, which was something about most people with computers already having TVs. Ring a bell?  Or was this not 26?

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2006, 07:35:18 PM »
HDL/LDL question, high levels of LDL correlated with low risk, I believe it was a weaken EXCEPT

the answer was something like LDL is removed from the blood more quickly then HDL

the pilots and flight crew cross-check/ verbal communications

I picked something like verbal communication increases depending upon other means available

I can't remember what I put for the HDL one.  I believe I put that answer for the flight crew question.  Was it E? or perhaps D, one of the later answers I think.

Schruted

• I love her.
    • View Profile
Re: MASTER LR LIST- 33 TO GO!
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2006, 07:37:25 PM »
To whomever is updating the master list:

For #17, I think that answer is correct, but I recall something about being "medically effective," not just effective.

Re: MASTER LR LIST- 33 TO GO!
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2006, 07:40:08 PM »
What about the one with the Birds/Flies/Grass/Cows lol. Or was that exp. section?

GreyStreet

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2006, 07:40:44 PM »

Yeah, but in that case, the reason given only explained the first part, which then caused the poor grades.  The bad hearing isn't causing the bad grades, per se - it's causing the failure to pay attention, which in turn causes the bad grades.  I answered C, but I can't for the life of me remember what that was...

I chose C as well, but the answer slips my mind.