Law School Discussion

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: MASTER LR LIST- 39 TO GO!
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 06:30:30 PM »
da5id, i totally agree with you on the new age philosopher one.  i was starting to think i was crazy...no one even mentioned that answer...

Don't think you are crazy, that's what I picked as well. So there is three of us now, it just took me a little bit to remember the answer.

How about the last question in one of the LR sections that was parallel reasoning. I don't remember what the question was but I picked the answer about the pilots.

And another parallel reasoning question where I picked A) which was about children having learning difficulties because of hearing problems or something like that. Anyone remember that one?

Re: MASTER LR LIST- 38 TO GO!
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 06:30:53 PM »
For the doctor question, I think I remember putting E... something with objects. Can anyone explain why that was wrong?

Bork

• Monkey Stealing My Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 06:31:21 PM »
Hmmm.. I think number ten might be from an experimental section....i dont recall a prof talking smack and I only had two sections of LR.

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 06:32:33 PM »
i thought it was something like...new age phil says nature grows organically and is a whole unified system.  therefore we have to study nature using holistic, unified reasoning, and NOT the reasoning used by physical sciences, in which they take apart things and look at individual parts.

that's why i chose the answer i did...it seemed like the phil was assuming that you had to use the same kind of reasoning on a system as the structure of that system.  why shouldn't you be able to understand a unified system by taking it apart?  kinda like the lsat....

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
Re: MASTER LR LIST- 39 TO GO!
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 06:33:03 PM »
da5id, i totally agree with you on the new age philosopher one.  i was starting to think i was crazy...no one even mentioned that answer...

Don't think you are crazy, that's what I picked as well. So there is three of us now, it just took me a little bit to remember the answer.

How about the last question in one of the LR sections that was parallel reasoning. I don't remember what the question was but I picked the answer about the pilots.

And another parallel reasoning question where I picked A) which was about children having learning difficulties because of hearing problems or something like that. Anyone remember that one?

Vaguely.  I'm too tired to recall details, though.  I think I picked the same answer for the second one, though.

FossilJ

• View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 06:34:40 PM »
i thought it was something like...new age phil says nature grows organically and is a whole unified system.  therefore we have to study nature using holistic, unified reasoning, and the reasoning used by physical sciences, in which they take apart things and look at individual parts.

that's why i chose the answer i did...it seemed like the phil was assuming that you had to use the same kind of reasoning on a system as the structure of that system.  why shouldn't you be able to understand a unified system by taking it apart?  kinda like the lsat....

Damn.  I think I put D, which had something to do with breaking things into constituent parts.  @#!*, I can't remember.

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 06:37:55 PM »
What was the stimulus for the philosopher Q?  I thought it was like "The way the physical sciences analyzes nature is wrong because it breaks something up into pieces which is interconnected."  It didn't say anything about how you should analyze it, it just said the physical sciences does it wrong by looking at it abstractly

edit:  I did do this Q in the last seconds, and I don't remember whether I put D or A

Sooner

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 06:38:44 PM »
The one that I am a little hung up on is this one:

Humans can do certain things unconsciously, without thinking about it. So establishing that animals are intelligent does not establish that they are...blah blah

Was this experimental? I had 3 LR sections. This is the only question I was still thinking about when I left the test center. I went through the other ones too quickly to remember much about them. The curve is going to be brutal on this one, guys.

Rockie

• Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 06:40:24 PM »
The one that I am a little hung up on is this one:

Humans can do certain things unconsciously, without thinking about it. So establishing that animals are intelligent does not establish that they are...blah blah

Was this experimental? I had 3 LR sections. This is the only question I was still thinking about when I left the test center. I went through the other ones too quickly to remember much about them. The curve is going to be brutal on this one, guys.

Oh that one, the answer I put was that intelligence does not imply consciousness.

FossilJ

• View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 06:42:50 PM »
Yeah, there was only one answer that connected intelligence and consciousness.  However, can't tell you if this was experimental or not.  I had 3 LR as well.