Law School Discussion

polkadot

Re: MASTER LR LIST- 30 TO GO!
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2006, 08:00:19 PM »
Yeah, it was C.

It said that a new medical procedure designed to cure a disease might not save lives because of an increased risk during the procedure.

I also picked the one about the media reporting twice as many violent crime things.

I'm fairly sure I didn't choose the medical procedure one--does anyone remember other choices besides the paintings and the procedure?

Re: MASTER LR LIST- 28 TO GO!
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2006, 08:01:25 PM »
I was confident in the answer about the medical procedure. It's the only one of the parallel reasonings where something designed to have an effect might not actually create that effect, but rather, the opposite.

kbb

« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2006, 08:02:33 PM »
i didnt either... i picked one of the ones above it (the disease one was like c or d i think).  can't remember what it was though.

Yeah, it was C.

It said that a new medical procedure designed to cure a disease might not save lives because of an increased risk during the procedure.

I also picked the one about the media reporting twice as many violent crime things.

I'm fairly sure I didn't choose the medical procedure one--does anyone remember other choices besides the paintings and the procedure?

polkadot

« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2006, 08:03:46 PM »
Does anyone remember a question about mercury levels in the wings of bird fossils from 1880 versus birds today? It could be experimental, but I remember I chose the answer that had something to do with the fossilization process reducing the level of mercury or something.

I also remember a question that had something to do with veterinarians and their reasons for entering veterinary medicine--it mentioned a love of animals and skill at biology or something.

GreyStreet

« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2006, 08:04:11 PM »
14. Music/Math Parallel Reasoning question
Answer: not paying attention/poor class performance/bad hearing

Is this the overall consensus?  I have heard solid arguments on the other thread for C as well.  Just an FYI.

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2006, 08:04:41 PM »
If I remember correctly, the one involving paintings and prices was a parallel reasoning question, and the stem had to do with an ironic situation where allocating harsher penalties for crimes could sometimes result in less deterrence because juries become less willing to convict. I can't remember the other answer choices though.

I also put the seatbelt one.

The key to this question was remembering that there are two options, and that an increase in one would lead to a decrease in the other.  There was only one answer that satisfied this pattern.

Re: MASTER LR LIST- 31 TO GO!
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2006, 08:05:27 PM »
Ectrepenuers (spelling?) question, cannot be true
it had all, and most in it, and had to deal with succesfull ectrepenurs who worked more then 18 hours a day, time for leisure, and ones who were happy
I think the answer was A somehing like all who are successfull are not happy, or something it definitely started with the word all

It was something like:
Most successful entrepreneurs work 18+ hours/day, and all ?happy? ones work less than 18 hours/day, because no one who works 18 hour/day has leisure time.

What cannot be true? my answer: there are some happy entrepreneurs who work 18+ hours/day

polkadot

Re: MASTER LR LIST- 31 TO GO!
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2006, 08:07:11 PM »
it had all, and most in it, and had to deal with succesfull ectrepenurs who worked more then 18 hours a day, time for leisure, and ones who were happy
I think the answer was A somehing like all who are successfull are not happy, or something it definitely started with the word all

It was something like:
Most successful entrepreneurs work 18+ hours/day, and all ?happy? ones work less than 18 hours/day, because no one who works 18 hour/day has leisure time.

What cannot be true? my answer: there are some happy entrepreneurs who work 18+ hours/day

I second this.

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »
Does anyone remember a question about mercury levels in the wings of bird fossils from 1880 versus birds today? It could be experimental, but I remember I chose the answer that had something to do with the fossilization process reducing the level of mercury or something.

I also remember a question that had something to do with veterinarians and their reasons for entering veterinary medicine--it mentioned a love of animals and skill at biology or something.

I believe that the veterinary one was an all of these could be true except question, and I put an answer about a veterinarian not really loving animals.

It was something like:

That's what I put, I think.

GreyStreet

Re: MASTER LR LIST- 28 TO GO! PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2006, 08:08:35 PM »
Ohh I thought of one... It has to do with the inside of dinosaur bones... Anybody else remember this?  It may have been on my experimental section.

And another has to deal with animal (rat?) blood in the experiment?  Again, this may be in section #2.