Law School Discussion

paigeroo

« on: June 12, 2006, 05:43:45 PM »

Rockie

• Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
Re: MASTER LR LIST- 42 TO GO!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 05:55:47 PM »
I disagree with #1. It shouldn't matter what's the MOST beautiful. The assumption is simply that "the best" = "beautiful". That's where the scope shift comes in. I could be wrong but Im not the only one who thinks its C.

Da5id

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »
3.  Garlic Eating
Answer:  Know what was in everyone's diet because that could have been an outside factor that effected levels

If true I'd be thrilled.... that was one I flat out disliked... since it said the groups were "similar" I didn't think there was a particular reason to fear dietary differences.... I had it between diet and less than four months and went diet, but didn't like that so much as hated the rest.

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 06:03:30 PM »
Keep 'em coming, folks.  I'm very interested.

Da5id

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 06:05:47 PM »
IIRC I felt confident on 1 that it was that the best art was beautiful.

If the New Age philosopher is the one I thought it was, I strongly believed the answer was "X mistakenly assumes that if a phenomenon is x and y we must use reasoning that is x and y to understand it".

zhyue

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 06:06:39 PM »
What does C say? I remember I picked the one that only the best is beautiful.

I disagree with #1. It shouldn't matter what's the MOST beautiful. The assumption is simply that "the best" = "beautiful". That's where the scope shift comes in. I could be wrong but Im not the only one who thinks its C.

Schruted

• I love her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 06:07:44 PM »
Anyone remember the "similar flaw in the reasoning" question where all the answers involved Mary and her classmates? I can't remember specifics, but the flawed reasoning was something like "Most of Mary's classmates are happy. Most happy people are fun. Thus, at least one of Mary's classmates is fun."

Answer A seemed right, but I was pressed for time, so I didn't check any other answers. Answer A also seemed like the simplest answer, so I'm having doubts.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 06:09:28 PM »
Anyone remember the "similar flaw in the reasoning" question where all the answers involved Mary and her classmates? I can't remember specifics, but the flawed reasoning was something like "Most of Mary's classmates are happy. Most happy people are fun. Thus, at least one of Mary's classmates is fun."

Answer A seemed right, but I was pressed for time, so I didn't check any other answers. Answer A also seemed like the simplest answer, so I'm having doubts.

I think it was Molly and I think I chose D

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
Re: MASTER LR LIST- 40 TO GO!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 06:10:42 PM »
it was the one that wasn't  a -> b , a-> c....

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 06:13:21 PM »

They were all very similar phrasing, but the most correct ones were further down the list.  I think I picked D, but I'm not sure.