Law School Discussion

The "I hate PSes" Club

The "I hate PSes" Club
« on: June 12, 2006, 05:37:59 PM »
I am officially incapable to write a decent one.

Momo09

• View Profile
Re: The "I hate PSes" Club
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »
it's okay.  I worked on mine for 2 years before I was able to gather my thoughts.  Once I got my inspiration, the whole thing took about 30 minutes to write.  I still have all the failure drafts (about 10 of them) and they were pretty awful. 

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 05:50:44 PM »
May I ask for a general idea of yours addresses? I seem to be way too ordinary to write a good one

loveless

• Law school is NICE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:03:21 AM »
We're all too boring.

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 11:44:48 PM »
I'm uninteresting, i haven't really been "kept down" or overcome a significant hardship, im pretty normal, just a smart kid that was involved in college... my PS is easily goign to be the worst part of my application.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 03:24:51 PM »
I know totally how that feels... I love to write, but this whole thing wont pan out

SplitFinger

• I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 09:47:08 PM »
If your life doesn't have some grand narrative to write about - in other words, like most of us, you didn't join the Peace Corps, spend a year living in a grass hut with the Bushmen, and discovered the cure for cancer in your spare time - I would suggest focusing on one specific incident or activity and write about that.  Write with passion and feeling about *something* and you'll have a better PS than the 90% of applicants who'll wind up with something dull and uninteresting that will encourage adcomms to take that post-lunch afternoon nap.