• AOL Instant Messenger - harperfan02138
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harperfan02138
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Let the June 06 Post Mortem Begin
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 04:51:12 PM »
I had LR-LR-LG-LR-RC.

Several tough questions:

Professor claims any of his students who heard X's entire lecture found it fascinating; some of his students found it fascinating, so some must have attended the enitre lecture; what's the flaw in his logic? (2nd LR section, I think): it seemed like all the answers were wrong, but I think I chose D--all students who attended the entire lecture weren't his

I didn't have this question.  The growing consensus is that section #2 was experimental. 

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »
I didn't have this question.  The growing consensus is that section #2 was experimental. 

But he says it was his second LR, so it coudn't have been section 2.  I had 3 LR sections, and didn't see the question he mentioned.  Maybe LSAC did something screwy?? .. God, why do they torture us like this

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 04:54:34 PM »
I had LR-LR-LG-LR-RC.

Several tough questions:

Professor claims any of his students who heard X's entire lecture found it fascinating; some of his students found it fascinating, so some must have attended the enitre lecture; what's the flaw in his logic? (2nd LR section, I think): it seemed like all the answers were wrong, but I think I chose D--all students who attended the entire lecture weren't his

That was my guess at the time.  The question (and answers) seemed poorly enough formed that I would be surprised if it were part of the real test.

CDX

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 04:56:03 PM »
So wait --

is the experimental the section of which there is the most variety?  In other words, would everyone have had the same questions, just in a different order?

GreyStreet

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 04:59:44 PM »
Pollen and the ancient statues LR question....

is it?

a) people and wind spread pollen
b) same pollen same plants, different location
c) no good pollen data

Rockie

• Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 05:02:04 PM »
My order: LR LR LG LR RC

As for the art question, I had "A" at first but I changed it to "C".

All the LR really blended together, have no idea how I did.
RC was pretty easy I thought but I was pressed for time on the science/maize one and may have dropped a coupld there.
Games were fine but for some reason the foreign films one really stumped me for the longest time and by the time I figured out the key I was rushing and think I dropped a couple there too.

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 05:02:24 PM »

is it?

c) no good pollen data

I said people and wind spread pollen.  Like many of the Q's, I didn't really have time to evaluate all the answer choices too carefully, but that one seemed most like the answer.  The other things seem like they could be accounted for, but wind movements and human distribution are pretty random

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 05:03:01 PM »
I think it's b) something like "types of pollen were common to more than one region" That's what I put. I almost put the "wind or people spread the pollen" answer

Rockie

• Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 05:03:22 PM »

is it?

c) no good pollen data

I said people and wind spread pollen to other regions because if the pollen was blown in from a different region, and got on the artifact you couldn't use that to accurately say what region the artifact had been in.

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 05:03:34 PM »
Pretty sure its that people spread pollen.  therefore the statues could be exposed to pollen not from their indiginous area and the finding that they were from that area would be incorrect.