Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 1470 times)

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Since you brought up Miranda rights, here's an example of how they're changing the relations between police and suspects in Iraq.  I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss concern for them, despite the nonsense spouted by the talkleft article you cited.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&s=1045855935007&c=MGArticle&cid=1149188423245&path=!editorials!oped
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

theprocrastinator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
For starters, the basic  tenets of christianity ensure that we act in the name of the One True God, while islamists kill in the name of false gods (check the bible). In short, they are wrong and we are right. Got it? This is not a matter of opinion, it is IN THE BIBLE. Capisce.

Second, radical islam is just the militant arm of "regular" islam, much like Sinn Fein was the political arm of the I.R.A. They are one and the same, and Zarqawi's abuse of a burka-wearing child-bride is just another example of the fascist policies that run rampant in the minds of these killers.

The real crime here is your defense of these criminals. You think just because some havent killed yet, it makes the whole belief system okay? Liberals. We'll still protect your ungrateful asses. That's why we're better.

Okay, the first part seems to be a theological argument to me. I'm not a christian, but even if I were I don't think I'd understand what you're trying to say here. What "false gods" are muslims killing for? Seriously, Islam is a monotheistic religion and doesn't even consider Mohammed to be a God, or son of God, or anything like that. The most basic tenet of Islam is that "there is no god (allah) but god (allah)."

Second, isn't this just like saying that (insert radical violent christian group from any given time in history here) is just the militant arm of regular christianity? Would you say that all mormons are pedophiles and polygamists in waiting because the ones who do those things are just the radical arm of mormonism but they're all the same inside? Do you really not see a distinction between peace-loving muslims living in the US and Zarqawi?

Even if you were right and all muslims are terrorists that just haven't killed yet, then what is your solution? Are you implying that you would advocate a war against Islam?

trolIik

• View Profile
Even if you were right and all muslims are terrorists that just haven't killed yet, then what is your solution? Are you implying that you would advocate a war against Islam?

Isn't that what Ann Coulter suggested, right before she was fired by whining "tolerant" liberals for saying it like it is??
I think he's serious, in an ultrawhite conservative sort of way.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
you still haven't answered the question about violent christian fundamentalists. your comparison is similar to saying that every Christian is like David Koresh or Hitler.

theprocrastinator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Isn't that what Ann Coulter suggested, right before she was fired by whining "tolerant" liberals for saying it like it is??

Uhhh, I didn't ask if its what Ann Coulter suggested, I asked if its what you advocate.

trolIik

• View Profile
I do not make up my own mind. I parrot standard conservative views.
I think he's serious, in an ultrawhite conservative sort of way.

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
I do not make up my own mind. I parrot standard conservative views.

Troll, what's your beef with Muslims---atleast half your thread are about your hatred for the religion..seriously man, start learning how to accept differences----if anything you want to do, go fight in Iraq; there are plenty you can take out your anger on