Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Temple v. Vermont  (Read 501 times)

cviggy

• Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
Temple v. Vermont
« on: June 11, 2006, 09:07:03 PM »

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Temple v. Vermont
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 11:29:44 PM »
temple is in an urban setting.  you are minutes from the downtown firms and city hall.  i know very little about vermont, other than that the law school is supposedly in an isolated local. 

imagine going to class, exiting the law building, looking to your left, and seeing city hall-that's temple. 
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

Vintage14

• Rocker Dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:49:49 PM »
Hey

I just finished my 1L year at Temple and loved it.  The faculty is great and the city setting is amazing.  The temple alumni community is super strong in Philly, and having the whole city available gives you alot of options.  Also, if you're interested in international law, Temple has a great reputation for international law (although that's not my area).  They have an excellent exchange program with Japan, as well as Temple abroad programs in Italy and (soon) Ghana.  I hope this helps.  PM me if you have any other Qs. 

onmyway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 05:31:45 PM »
I had a similar internal debate a few months ago when deciding between Temple and schools in Florida.  I'm a non-trad planning to study international law.  I've spent a lot of time doing business overseas and have also lived abroad.  In my opinion, the most important aspect of studying anything international is experiencing what you are studying first hand.  So, to me, a strong exchange program is very important.  I'm not sure what Vermont provides, however if you research Temple, you'll find programs in all corners of the world.  Plus, they're currently adding exchange programs as we speak.  Another aspect I feel is important is how effectively the school can bring the world into the classroom.  The bottom line here is that Temple is located in a major international city where diplomats, foreign businessmen, etc. are constantly visiting and doing business.  Furthermore, Temple does a great job of tapping into these resources when setting up guest speakers and workshops.  In researching schools in Florida, it became evident that they could not compete with Temple using the criteria I found important.  Like I said, I know nothing about Vermont, but I'm assuming the same holds true for them when compared to Temple.  I chose Temple and will be attending this fall.  Good luck with your decision!
Going back to school - Temple '09