Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Age  (Read 28257 times)

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Age
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2006, 03:53:52 PM »
I'm applying to Law School for Fall 2007; I'm 27/28.  I'm debating whether to apply to PT or FT program:  I don't know if I want to be in a room full of 22 year olds.  I'd appreciate everyone's insight on pros and cons of PT or FT.  Thanks!

Completely useless economics masters degree.

I'll be 26 when I start law school, and I completely understand the "not wanting to be in a room full of 22 year olds". actually, the average age of entering law students has increased steadily over the last few years as law schools are favoring students with more life/work experience. look for schools that have a larger population of non traditional students in their full time programs; they will generally provide distributions of age ranges. i actually asked the admissions depts everywhere I applied.

can u post em?  :)
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

cbm_flyer

• not me or my family; feel bad for the dog, though
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2006, 11:57:40 AM »
I'm applying to Law School for Fall 2007; I'm 27/28.  I'm debating whether to apply to PT or FT program:  I don't know if I want to be in a room full of 22 year olds.  I'd appreciate everyone's insight on pros and cons of PT or FT.  Thanks!

I'll be 26 when I start law school, and I completely understand the "not wanting to be in a room full of 22 year olds". actually, the average age of entering law students has increased steadily over the last few years as law schools are favoring students with more life/work experience. look for schools that have a larger population of non traditional students in their full time programs; they will generally provide distributions of age ranges. i actually asked the admissions depts everywhere I applied.

Ditto...I'd like to see them too!  :)

~Chris

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2006, 12:12:02 PM »

~Chris

Generally you'll find that urban schools tend to have more non-trads, especially the ones that have part-time programs. Northwestern is the big one, but I think that BU, GULC, GW, Fordham and the other urban schools will also have a large non-trad population. Schools in college towns/non-urban areas tend to attract fewer non-trads generally. I think I very well may be the oldest woman in my class here at ND because it's not the most attractive place for married non-trads (hard for spouses to find jobs). Still, I think that this year is A LOT younger than previous years due to an upheaval in the admissions department, so even if the stats from one year look great and you go to admitted day and see a variety of ages, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be the same for your class. Definitely be wary if the admissions department has changed in the year you're applying!

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2006, 12:13:19 PM »
how r u enjoying being surrounded by all those young whippersnappers?

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2006, 12:53:02 PM »

Let's just say the maturity levels vary and when the conversations revolve around undergrad or Facebook, I don't really have much to contribute. I can't really remember undergrad, nor am I under the delusion that it's all downhill after you finish school. I had much more fun after I finished undergrad/grad school than I ever had in college. (It's only a matter of time before the dot com excesses come back, right?)

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2006, 01:07:22 PM »

Let's just say the maturity levels vary and when the conversations revolve around undergrad or Facebook, I don't really have much to contribute. I can't really remember undergrad, nor am I under the delusion that it's all downhill after you finish school. I had much more fun after I finished undergrad/grad school than I ever had in college. (It's only a matter of time before the dot com excesses come back, right?)

thay was real estate.

wonder whats next?

maybe energy and water.

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2006, 05:03:43 PM »

~Chris
[/quote

I don't necessarily have a formal list but I would second what Queencruella said, esp about avoiding college towns like the plague.  LIKE THE PLAGUE.  I didn't think it would matter--heck it's only three years, right? Oh, these promise to be the longest three years of my life! If I have to go to one more "its my 23rd bday" celebration I might choke :)

cbm_flyer

• not me or my family; feel bad for the dog, though
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2006, 02:37:45 PM »
Thanks, ya'll!   ;D

fredm04

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2006, 01:36:27 PM »

33, 2L, engaged.
HLS 2008

euphrasie

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - allardjr@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2006, 12:33:21 AM »
28, married, three kids.

Accidentally pregnant at 18, got married, had twins at 21, got divorced at 22, single mother until 27, when I eventually got re-married. Went to college periodically throughout that time period, graduating this spring. Now full-time (and then some) editing manager at Microsoft.

My age may not be altogether that non-traditional, but the rest sure is :)
Married: Seattle 2011!
Love: Fordham PT, Seton Hall PT, USF PT, Seattle PT, Lewis & Clark PT, USD PT
Like: W&M
Hate: Georgetown PT, Harvard

LSN