Law School Discussion

Silent timer

Re: Silent timer
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 11:59:13 PM »

All the new regulations suck. Everything people reccomend in the past "bring a backpack of stuff" "bring an ipod to listen to" "bring some problems to warm up with" "bring something to read" are all banned now. I can't imagine the scene when people are alerted cell phones aren't allowed in the room. Out of 40 some people or whatever you know at least some won't be familiar with these new rules and should be quite the deal when they're told they have to leave their phones in the hallway or something.  ::)

You think backpacks won't be allowed?  Backpacks can be small handbags, in a way.  Kind of.

Rockie

• Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 12:39:03 AM »

All the new regulations suck. Everything people reccomend in the past "bring a backpack of stuff" "bring an ipod to listen to" "bring some problems to warm up with" "bring something to read" are all banned now. I can't imagine the scene when people are alerted cell phones aren't allowed in the room. Out of 40 some people or whatever you know at least some won't be familiar with these new rules and should be quite the deal when they're told they have to leave their phones in the hallway or something.  ::)

You think backpacks won't be allowed?  Backpacks can be small handbags, in a way.  Kind of.
LSAT Test Center Reminder Effective With the June 12, 2006 LSAT!!

No back packs, cellular phones, or beeping watches (or other prohibited items as described on the back of the LSAT Admission Ticket and on pages 12-14 of the LSAT & LSDAS Information Book) may be brought into the LSAT test center. If you bring a prohibited item into the test center, you will be denied admission to the test center or dismissed from the test center.[/quote]

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 04:34:23 AM »
I think it really depends on the testing center and proctors. We had the same warnings about not bringing backpacks, cell phones, etc. when I took the test in February. We also were told that the Silent Timer Deluxe wasn't allowed. I saw plenty of people in my test center with that timer. And everyone had their backpacks with them. I also saw plenty of people grab for their cell phones immediately after section 3.