Law School Discussion

« on: June 08, 2006, 04:37:21 PM »

anrya

• View Profile
Re: URGENT: June LSAT test date mistake?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »
It's on Monday, June 12th.

paigeroo

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 05:44:45 PM »
Hey,
   I'm taking the June LSAT in London next week. In everything I've read online, it says the test is on Monday June 12th... BUT on the admissions ticket I've printed off from the LSAC site, it says it's Tuesday June 13th.
   On the same LSAC screen, I have the LSAC admission ticket box reading "Tuesday June 13, 2006 LSAT Admission Ticket", and below, in the test documents box, I have "Monday June 12, 2006 [...] Item Response Report not yet available etc etc".
   I really doubt LSAC would have messed up and accidentally put down Tuesday 13th when it was supposed to be Monday 12th... but what could account for this?
   Maybe I'm being really stupid and missing something obvious. The time difference between London and new York is 5 hours (8 to California)... so obviously it would need to coincide with the tests there to avoid possible cheating.
   Any ideas? I've tried to call LSAC but can't get through. I've emailed them too. I need to know what day my test is on!

Although you're taking it abroad LSAC would never have your test later... they always make sure to make up for the time difference and have the test approximately at the same time as the kids in the US would have. 

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 10:20:59 PM »
why are you people giving him advice about something you don't know about?
i'm taking the test abroad, too, in paris.  my test is also on tuesday.  it's not a mistake.  i even emailed the lsac people (like you) to double-check.  it says right on the second page of the ticket, if you read the fine print, that foreign tests can be on different days and to do what it says on your ticket.
it's true that this could potentially enable cheating, but let's hope no one does that.  good luck!

paigeroo

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 10:50:02 PM »
When I called LSAC in New York, that's what they told me.  The said even though its overseas they still try to administer the test at the exact same time the US is doing it.  I'm just the messenger here.  I guess the lady didn't know or something.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 03:24:29 AM »
p0ppea is correct.

I was originally signed up for the June LSAT in London as well, and my ticket said Tuesday.  It is that late because the test in the states starts at 12 or 12:30, and to start it at the same time in London would have it start at 5, which I'm assuming is too late in the day.  I also would not be surprised if the test were slightly different, so as to mitigate any sort of cheating on the part of people abroad.  I rescheduled my test for September though, back in the states.