Law School Discussion

University of Tennessee '09... anyone else?

CuteCUTigerr

Re: University of Tennessee '09... anyone else?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 06:08:26 AM »
Yeah, it definitely seems like you can get a bigger and nicer place for the same price on the other side of town, and if you're looking for condos, I'd definitely check other places. :)  Renaissance condos are the only ones I've seen right near the law school, and they start at $99,000 for not a lot of space.  They're new, but so what?  I'm pretty sure you could get something nicer for that price.  And like you said, there's a good deal of low-income housing in Fort Sanders, so it's probably not the best choice for safety. :) 

I'm just looking for an apartment complex with a gym and washer and dryer (if not the machines, at least hookups) in the unit.....you wouldn't think that'd be a problem, but it actually is harder to find than you'd think. :)  I think the fact I want to live alone might be the reason I'm having trouble. :)  Ah well.  At least a couple places look somewhat promising.

I haven't completely decided when I'm moving to Knoxville.  A lot of that will depend on when my parents can help me....and whether I'd be paying for the whole month of August.  If I'm paying for the whole month of August, I'll probably try to move in early.  If not, I'm shooting for somewhere around the 15th.  Unlike other industrious people, I'm not working this summer, so I have a lot of flexibility. :) 

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 10:25:05 AM »
Yeah, it definitely seems like you can get a bigger and nicer place for the same price on the other side of town, and if you're looking for condos, I'd definitely check other places. :)  Renaissance condos are the only ones I've seen right near the law school, and they start at $99,000 for not a lot of space.  They're new, but so what?  I'm pretty sure you could get something nicer for that price.  And like you said, there's a good deal of low-income housing in Fort Sanders, so it's probably not the best choice for safety. :) 

I'm just looking for an apartment complex with a gym and washer and dryer (if not the machines, at least hookups) in the unit.....you wouldn't think that'd be a problem, but it actually is harder to find than you'd think. :)  I think the fact I want to live alone might be the reason I'm having trouble. :)  Ah well.  At least a couple places look somewhat promising.

I haven't completely decided when I'm moving to Knoxville.  A lot of that will depend on when my parents can help me....and whether I'd be paying for the whole month of August.  If I'm paying for the whole month of August, I'll probably try to move in early.  If not, I'm shooting for somewhere around the 15th.  Unlike other industrious people, I'm not working this summer, so I have a lot of flexibility. :) 

Are you coming straight from undergrad?  Where did you go (I can't tell what CU stands for)?  I'm sure you've already looked at this, but if you haven't stumbled across it, www.knoxapts.com is a great place to look.  I am most definitely living alone as well.  It seems like a lot of places have 1-bedroom apts, I guess it's just a question of what is available.  I'm probably going to look all over because I don't think I'll mind the commute... I've heard that a lot of people view LS as a job, going in at 8 and leaving at 5 or 6. 

Anyway, good luck with the housing search-- I'll let you know if I see any apartments that look promising in any areas we look. :)

CuteCUTigerr

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 07:42:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm coming straight from Clemson University undergrad. :)  What about you? :) 

Thanks for posting the link.  I've ended up on that site before...it's definitely a BIG help.  I've also been using apartmentratings.com and rent.com a lot.  Actually, we apparently have 3L student advisors (two of them for two of us), and I heard from one of mine yesterday.  I asked him about apartments, and he recommended a few places.  He lives in the Gables, and he seems to really like it.  Some of his friends live at Woodmeade South and Washington Ridge and are pretty happy with that. :)  I know you're possibly looking at condos, so that probably doesn't help you that much.  He did say, though, to stay away from anywhere requiring travel on I-40 and to stay away from Fort Sanders because it's pretty loud. :)