Law School Discussion

ZARQAWI dead...new iraq continues to rebuild...progress.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ZARQAWI dead...new iraq continues to rebuild...progress.
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 11:20:15 AM »
Yes Andromeda it is regrettable that the woman and child was killed in that bombing. A child should never has to suffer for the trespasses of there parents. I feel the same way about the woman assuming she wasnt collaborating. However, I say the casualties would be at lest over 50 if troops went in. It is very sad but people are going to die in these situations. It really seems like the U.S. military did there best to minimize casualties.

jnc18

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 12:48:22 PM »
You were in the 82nd airborne?  How have I not known this?

THE BLUE SWEATER

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 01:02:56 PM »
I dont talk about myself.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 01:05:11 PM »
Im not a hard core right wing war hawk or anything, I hate violence, but I can def respect their situation with a lot of this stuff and can honestly say they are doing the best they can in the situation they're in.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 01:44:31 PM »
So did ya'll hear about the autopsy?  Apparently he went on to live for almost an hour after

THE BLUE SWEATER

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 01:49:10 PM »
His insides were probably messed up the whole time from the pressure differential that came from the explosion. Not fun.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 01:52:52 PM »
His insides were probably messed up the whole time from the pressure differential that came from the explosion. Not fun.

Ewww (sorry I couldnt come up w/ a more intelligent response than that  :-\ :D)! 

Here's the AOL article on it:

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060611100509990004&ncid=NWS00010000000001

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006, 11:38:55 PM »
this is straight out of a Tom Clancy novel. 

I mean they knew where cat was at, and didn't take any chances.....two bombs from a F-16???  You're a bad man when the US sends a military air strike out just for you.  No covert operations team on this one, no sir.  Straight blow everybody up within a 1 block radius anywhere near cat.  America....FUKK YEAH!!!!

aye knew you secretly preferred bush to kerry...

the intuitive vibe from your post says it all...there is simply nothing kerry nor liberal about it.

are you sure you have no relatives from trinidad? ;)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2006, 11:44:13 PM »
No.  We went there for the energy.  That's why our gas prices are so low.

I thought we went because Rowe and Cheney understood that the best time for the executive branch to acquire power is during a wartime situation (Roosevelt anyone?)

BTW....there is a movement to pass legislation ending the two term limit on the presidency....just though everyone would be intrested to hear that. If that got passed plus the patriot act....can anyone say police state?

I am a republican and I have no problem saying thats complete bs for something like that to even be mentioned.

where are all these black republicans coming from?

here's the difference...

seems these kind of republicans know that the donkees play a con on people and people are flat out gettin' robbed.

the pubs don't need to rob you...

now you tell me who is being real?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2006, 11:54:27 PM »
Ha, you guys really think his death makes much of a difference. His successor has already been named and  its business as usual. There were probably a million other cats willing to take his place.  Its and endless cycle of violence against an enemy that has nothing but time on its hands and more followers being created by the minute. OH, and I wouldn't be surprised if each incident of "collateral damage" creates at least one insurgent family member.  With estimates putting civilian deaths at over 100 thousand, you do the math...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/12/iraq.main/index.html
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Al Qaeda in Iraq has named a successor to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the terrorist leader killed in a U.S. airstrike last week north of Baghdad, Islamist Web sites said Monday.

The sites identified the militant group's new leader as Sheikh Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, which means "the immigrant," indicating that he -- like Jordanian-born al-Zarqawi -- is not Iraqi.

oh really?

the usa military took a major bite out of al quedah...essentially a major disruption...

you give them too much credit...why do you seem to keep pulling for the "crescenting guerrillas"...

the "crescenting guerrillas" are tenacious, yes...but organizations can be dismantled...

bp...for someone who appears to be pro "human rights" it is a shame that you do not express a regard for how the kurds are out from under an oppressive tyrant...