Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bizarre  (Read 2172 times)

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Bizarre
« on: June 08, 2006, 12:38:14 PM »
My admission ticket indicates a building but not a room number.  I called the university where the test will take place and was told someone would call me back with the specific room number.  The problem is, the caller told me it was in an entirely different building than what is listed on my admission ticket (and halfway across campus nonetheless).  The rep was very specific that it was for the LSAT test and was confident in her information, so I don't know what the hell the deal is.  I emailed LSAC to let them know about the discrepancy, and am waiting to hear back, but wow, you'd think that something as simple as the building to be used would be properly coordinated, wouldn't you?  Especially with their no holds barred "if you're not here at 12:30 you're not getting in!" attitude.

One thing is certain, I am incredibly thankful for the advice I got on here to drive to the test center before the test.  This is the second potential disaster that the advice averted (hopefully averted).

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:07:05 PM »
Update:  got a reply back from LSAC

I apologize for the discrepancy.  However, LSAC was just notified today
of the change in location by Texas A&M.  A new email from our Test
Administration Department with the official notification of the change
in test location will be sent to you shortly.

I visited the test center and have a new reason to post a horror story...it's the absolute worst center imaginable.  It's a small room built entirely of concrete whose accoustical properties will make someone scratching their head sound like a belt sander.  Even worse, it's crammed with desks and they are this kind but with an even smaller writing space.  There was absolutely nowhere to put the timer and the clock was illegible (it looked like it had been used as a mildew-growing experiment in a 1970s era science lab).  Will they let you put a timer on the floor?

dusya4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 10:04:01 AM »
Don't let this stress you out. You can put the timer and maybe your eraser in your lap and just keep the test booklet and answer sheet on the desk. I usually have my answer sheet covering the side of the page that I'm not using at the time or just put it under the booklet until I'm ready to transfer my answers. This should take care of the small desk problem. Perhaps for the day of the test they will move the desks or will have people sit at alernating desks. My understanding is that proctors usually like to have test takers sit at some distance from each other. See red's advice. This is just between you and the LSAT, nothing else matters.
All you need is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=XYHA4

zerofact0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 05:30:42 PM »
My test is in a module (Read: Trailer).   :'(

Reach

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 12:21:55 AM »
Holy crap, a trailer???  How is that even possible?  Usually those are utilized while other facilities are under construction.  I really hope that you don't have to contend with jackhammers and bulldozers come Monday.

Jesus  :D

lapsling

• My turn.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lapslinger
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 02:36:27 PM »
Haha :D  A lovely formal environment for an even lovelier formal exam.  I was actually really happy with my testing site: theatre type seating with huge desks.  It was a bit nippy with the AC, but a little gangster hood solved the problem.

Oh damn!  I took mine at the Hall of the Worshipful Company of Ironmongers in London EC1!  Oil paintings, chandeliers and formal banquet tables.  I guess things are just better over here.

Yeah.
June 06 LSAT: 165
Retaking in June 07
Law School Numbers
Took Trent Teti's Blueprint class - there's nothing quite like it