Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Affirmative Action is Justified  (Read 91589 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Why Affirmative Action is Justified
« Reply #620 on: May 21, 2010, 01:24:21 AM »
remind me, what experience is that again?

The living with mommy, the less than a BA, or the no LSAT?

In experience of going to law school. People are easily surpassed if they aren't as intelligent as a person who has a high intelligence gap over them.

sonofapickle

« Reply #621 on: May 21, 2010, 01:34:44 AM »
I will earn my B.A. in the winter of this year. I have no qualms about the LSAT because I am prepared for it and know I will do well. It is a given for me anyway. With adequate prep time and intellectual capacity, I will do well on it. Those who don't score above a 160 are not meant to be lawyers.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #622 on: May 21, 2010, 01:37:41 AM »
first we'll see, second good attempt to avoid the question but you said "experience in lawschool" what experience is that?

I will earn my B.A. in the winter of this year. I have no qualms about the LSAT because I am prepared for it and know I will do well. It is a given for me anyway. With adequate prep time and intellectual capacity, I will do well on it. Those who don't score above a 160 are not meant to be lawyers.

sonofapickle

« Reply #623 on: May 21, 2010, 02:02:37 AM »
All they have is a few years over me, nothing else. I will soon bridge that gap by graduating college early and going to law school. If they pass the bar, so be it, but I will pass the bar as well, then what? What differentiates us? Oh! I know. I will have an international studies degree, I am fluent in German and have proficiency in Spanish, I will have a finance degree along with a passing score of 79% on the series 7, hopefully an MBA, know a few people at law firms, hopefully a top 10 law school, and good grades. They have nothing except years, nothing else. All they have is a goddamn J.D. which does not say much as that is similar to a degree is bad sociology.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #624 on: May 21, 2010, 02:04:11 AM »
You think a JD is nothing?

All they have is a few years over me, nothing else. I will soon bridge that gap by graduating college early and going to law school. If they pass the bar, so be it, but I will pass the bar as well, then what? What differentiates us? Oh! I know. I will have an international studies degree, I am fluent in German and have proficiency in Spanish, I will have a finance degree along with a passing score of 79% on the series 7, hopefully an MBA, know a few people at law firms, hopefully a top 10 law school, and good grades. They have nothing except years, nothing else. All they have is a goddamn J.D. which does not say much as that is similar to a degree is bad sociology.

sonofapickle

« Reply #625 on: May 21, 2010, 02:14:11 AM »
It is a tool to become a lawyer. It is an essential tool but at the end of the day, it is only useful for legal purposes. That is why I broadened my base and made myself more pleasing to future employers eyes as I am going into corporate law.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #626 on: May 21, 2010, 02:16:02 AM »
The world is going to hit you like a bag of bricks boy.  :'(

It is a tool to become a lawyer. It is an essential tool but at the end of the day, it is only useful for legal purposes. That is why I broadened my base and made myself more pleasing to future employers eyes as I am going into corporate law.

sonofapickle

« Reply #627 on: May 21, 2010, 02:24:11 AM »
Obviously not. I am not some coddled child who has father look out for him at every turn and gives him money. I actually go out and network at various place such as parties, I talk with current law students who are much smarter than you and wiser, lawyers who know more than anyone on here, people who have recently went into private practice, and employers. I think I know what they look for and what they do not look for in an employee. My personality fits the field I am going into and I am not too reserved nor too extroverted, I am just right for the job. You sir, are going to be amazed at how many jobs lock your ass out of them and you might use that low blow AA deal like you called me racist for no apparent reason.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #628 on: May 21, 2010, 02:26:56 AM »
You moron, you DO live with your parents, you ARE coddled, and even plan to STAY coddled after you graduate. If you have such GREAT connections, then why are you expecting to be so pathetic as to have to live with daddy for another 2years AFTER graduation as you've stated your intent of before? :o

Obviously not. I am not some coddled child who has father look out for him at every turn and gives him money. I actually go out and network at various place such as parties, I talk with current law students who are much smarter than you and wiser, lawyers who know more than anyone on here, people who have recently went into private practice, and employers. I think I know what they look for and what they do not look for in an employee. My personality fits the field I am going into and I am not too reserved nor too extroverted, I am just right for the job. You sir, are going to be amazed at how many jobs lock your ass out of them and you might use that low blow AA deal like you called me racist for no apparent reason.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #629 on: May 21, 2010, 02:30:02 AM »
You realise you are trying to claim that all black people are AA and dissing them for it at the same time in the minority board right?
Thats like driving into detroit and screaming the N word out the window of your car. Have fun with that.  :-X