Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Affirmative Action is Justified  (Read 88225 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Why Affirmative Action is Justified
« Reply #560 on: September 04, 2007, 02:42:04 AM »
Hey Lindbergh: read first, post second.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 04, 2007, 02:42:52 AM »
Admitted to a law school where their numbers wouldn't normally get them in =/= attending that school.

Again, htfh

Okay, so they're generally ATTENDING schools where their numbers are well are below the median.  No one disputes this either.  

Happy now?

htfh

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 04, 2007, 02:44:27 AM »
Hey Lindbergh: read first, post second.

Same to you, Miss P.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 04, 2007, 02:45:10 AM »
Admitted to a law school where their numbers wouldn't normally get them in =/= attending that school.

Again, htfh

Okay, so they're generally ATTENDING schools where their numbers are well below the median. 

Happy now?

HTFH

"Generally?"

No. I know plenty of white people who are "generally" ATTENDING schools where their numbers are well below the median.

Your tendency towards absurd assumptions is quite telling. htfh.
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 04, 2007, 02:46:49 AM »
Same to you, Miss P.

I don't think many people who read our respective posts would imagine that I'm the one who hasn't read the scholarly work on the subject, but suit yourself.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 04, 2007, 02:49:35 AM »

Again, htfh

Okay, so they're generally ATTENDING schools where their numbers are well below the median. 

Happy now?

HTFH

"Generally?"

No.

Okay, so you know very little about law school admissions and attendance.  No shame in that, it just means you shouldn't opine about it.

I know plenty of white people who are "generally" ATTENDING schools where their numbers are well below the median.

Really?  How so?  More importantly, how is that directly relevant to the specific point we're discussing?

Your tendency towards absurd assumptions is quite telling. htfh.

And your inability to handle basic logical reasoning is quite disturbing.  htfh.  

Please explain what's "absurd" about facts conceded by everyone in this debate but you?  What is it about AA that causes people's minds to completely shut down? Rich white liberal guilt?

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 04, 2007, 02:52:36 AM »
Same to you, Miss P.

I don't think many people who read our respective posts would imagine that I'm the one who hasn't read the scholarly work on the subject, but suit yourself.

I would say the same.   :)

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 04, 2007, 02:56:41 AM »
Hey, fuckstick, you're the one making claims that "everyone" concedes as fact but me.

Demonstrate them. Demonstrate something. @#!*, all you ever do is deflect points damning to your argument, and then take the interrogator to task in hopes they either stumble, or are unable to support their opinion.

In "general," you don't have *&^% beside your sloppy, bullying rhetorical strategy, and hackneyed attempt at a Socratic method.

htfh.
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 04, 2007, 02:58:16 AM »
Same to you, Miss P.

I would say the same.   :)

My apologies, by "scholarly," I didn't mean Walt Williams' column and that one Amy Wax piece.

eastend

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 04, 2007, 08:05:52 AM »
Still debating AA?  I guess you crazy kids are just practising for law school.  AA's going to be gone soon, then what will y'all get your knickers in a twist about?