Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Affirmative Action is Justified  (Read 88378 times)

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Why Affirmative Action is Justified
« Reply #640 on: May 30, 2010, 09:21:48 PM »
An obvious mistake. My computer was messing up and I did not bother to fix a simple error at them time.

Also, it is grammar not, "grammer."In addition, your mistake lies in your assumption of what I believe. I never once indicated nor stated that my grammar was the best. You obviously misconstrued an unfounded post and came to such a supposition on your own.

Joey Porsche

• Ya feels me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 30, 2010, 09:54:20 PM »
An obvious mistake. My computer was messing up and I did not bother to fix a simple error at them time.

Also, it is grammar not, "grammer."In addition, your mistake lies in your assumption of what I believe. I never once indicated nor stated that my grammar was the best. You obviously misconstrued an unfounded post and came to such a supposition on your own.

Please be this snooty in your personal statement.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 31, 2010, 12:52:04 AM »
It is not being "snooty," but rather educated. Yes, I will appear as though I am well educated if you were trying to guess. I will not blatantly show my insecurities through piles of errors, comma splices, inane logic, and a letter riddled in idiocy. No, I will not want to appear that way. Would you like to know why? It is a law school, that is why, and the people in this law school have to be well educated, well written, and show civility and class that differentiates you from the proletariat. Instead of trying to ridicule me, try to understand that you must show a sense of worth, not a sense of regularity.

The proletariat views people who are not situated nor obliged by their customs of commonality as haughty. The haughty ones are just people who are much more refined. The proletariats have many facets of communicating with one another, i.e. facebook, myspace, twitter, etc... They need these channels to communicate, as the proletariat are not comfortable being alone, enjoying art and conversing with people within the same culture. The facets they use are just more ways to hide behind themselves and pile unto their own fear of not being "in." To make this short, proletariats do not want to appear as though they are educated nor do they want others to do the same, and if they do... well, the ones who do appear educated are simply ostracized or ridiculed…

That would have gone on longer if I did not catch myself. 

To stay on topic I will say this, Affirmative Action is a copout for those who do not cut it. It is primarily used by people who are not "fit" for a certain job to get one. That in turn, diminishes the intellectual work environment, not help it. The reason why is that other QUALIFIED individuals are negated from that same position all due to someone using Affirmative Action to obtain such a position.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #643 on: May 31, 2010, 08:35:11 PM »
So when you do it, its an "obvious mistake" and ok, but if anyone else does it the fires of hell must be ablaze? Interesting..... ::)

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 02, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »
Your supposed "mistakes" aren't mistakes but rather errors due to a lack of education. When I make a mistake it is just a simple mistake that I did not make intentionally. The difference is, you do not make unintentional errors, you just make errors due to you believing the errors are actually correct. Whereas I make mistakes due to a lack of attention on my part as I am not focusing totally on the error made but rather other things. Hope that helps.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #645 on: June 02, 2010, 02:16:22 AM »
So when you miss a multiple choice question on your final or an issue on the essay you will clear it up with the professor by saying I have superior education to the other people in my class and my mistake was merely not paying attention so I deserve an A. That will get you real far.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 02, 2010, 02:27:49 AM »
Clearly you are someone of the most limited capacity. Having consistently demonstrated an inability to construct a simple English sentence, you now see fit to unconsentingly thrust your ungodly intellect upon the public at large. This terrible sort of thing comes about from the breakdown of society, you see - where people don't know their proper place. The mere thought of the proletariat, the hoi polloi if you will, partaking in such activities, which should be the preserve of those who possess Latin to at least an intermediate fluency, is enough to make me nauseous. That they dare nowadays to speak, to read, to write, and even to laugh and pretend to understand anything other than the most basic and animalistic urges in their vulgar, uneducated, barnyard lives, is sickening beyond all measure.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #647 on: June 02, 2010, 12:34:02 PM »
flame.
Clearly you are someone of the most limited capacity. Having consistently demonstrated an inability to construct a simple English sentence, you now see fit to unconsentingly thrust your ungodly intellect upon the public at large. This terrible sort of thing comes about from the breakdown of society, you see - where people don't know their proper place. The mere thought of the proletariat, the hoi polloi if you will, partaking in such activities, which should be the preserve of those who possess Latin to at least an intermediate fluency, is enough to make me nauseous. That they dare nowadays to speak, to read, to write, and even to laugh and pretend to understand anything other than the most basic and animalistic urges in their vulgar, uneducated, barnyard lives, is sickening beyond all measure.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #648 on: June 03, 2010, 04:41:20 PM »

Your right this statement will probably get your farther with the LSAT committee when you get a 150 if you ever do nut up and actually take the test.

Anyways, I will just put the statement I wrote earlier which you agreed with despite my barnyard mentality to put the thread back on track.

I think the only problem with affirmative action is that if you let somebody in with a 142 LSAT there is a good chance they won't pass the bar. I feel the LSAT is a an indicator of how well you perform under pressure etc and I forget what the OP called it test discrimination/frustration I forget what it said, but that will be present on the bar as well and if you are Black,White, Yellow go into 100k in debt and you can't handle pressure on a test then there is a good chance they will fail the bar or fail out of law school, because the LSAT is the least pressure you will have in regards to anything law related to law school.

If you bomb the LSAT then you lose 100 bucks and then law school is not for you. On the other hand when you take your first finals you have already quit your job and are 15-20k in debt and haven't worked for 5 months that is a lot more pressure on you than the LSAT. Even if you get through all 3 years  then you have to pass the bar and you are 100k in debt and haven't worked for three years. That is tremendous pressure.

I think affirmative action is fair if the applicant scores 150 or above, because minorities do bring a differnt view point to the law and if they graduate and pass the bar they will help the legal profession. If they score 150 or above they at  they have a fighting chance to pass the bar, but on Lawschoolnumbers I have seen URM's admitted with scholarships with 144's etc and I think in that instance it is really wrong. If you get 144 or something it is indicator that you can't handle pressure, or don't see the nuances, etc and that is the minimum of what you need to get through law school and pass the bar.

Midget's haven't appealed the NBA for being discriminated against, because a Midget can't guard Shaq it would just  be embarrassing and bad for everybody.   When you let people in with 2.6 and 142 LSAT is probably not going to end well for that person, obviously there can be an exception, but the argument that the LSAT is to much pressure for a minority makes no sense, because plenty of URM's do fine and at then end of the day if you can't handle the pressure of the LSAT there is no way you will be able to handle the pressure of law school or being a lawyer.

tryinLawSchool

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 18, 2010, 09:05:22 AM »
I have to admit that I enjoy Son of a pickle. First, they are intelligent. Second, I love reading their post because of how well they communicate, as well as argue.

I agree with Son of a Pickles argument regarding AA, but I also believe that legacy should be done away with for the exact same reasons.