Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Affirmative Action is Justified  (Read 91112 times)

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Why Affirmative Action is Justified
« Reply #600 on: February 09, 2009, 11:02:47 PM »

If more of the URMs parents would raise there people better we would not have to hear about this "socioeconomic" epidemic. 

Speaks volumes.

Agreed!
I would hope if one were going to make a blanket statement and a broad generalization about a group of people, and that statement was going to contain blatant stupidity said statement could at least use proper grammar.

The word you're looking for txn_20 is "their" not "there", and from this once could conclude that your poor grammatical performance is a result of your poor upbringing.
But that would be a broad generalization and that would be wrong. I'll assume you'll try to make excuses to why you are not clear on use of the English language, and why people should cut you some slack, but clearly you are a product of poor upbringing and therefore are not worthy of any consideration of your circumstances.

Okay...this diatribe is crazy...typos or whatever.

drewpsu

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 06, 2010, 04:14:42 PM »
whatever. I didn't get into Temple because I'm not black. The only white people who get into Temple score in the 160's....and even then it's difficult.

let the flaming begin. bring it. because it's totally true.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #602 on: May 18, 2010, 11:13:09 PM »
Wow, you must have a lot more problems in life than just that one school. You act like getting a 160 is hard. Face it, LOTS of lawschools won't let in ANYONE with less than that. You are acting like it is some insanely high impossible goal to achieve.

whatever. I didn't get into Temple because I'm not black. The only white people who get into Temple score in the 160's....and even then it's difficult.

let the flaming begin. bring it. because it's totally true.

sonofapickle

« Reply #603 on: May 20, 2010, 11:26:39 PM »
Obviously it was hard seeing as you're going to Cooley whose LSAT acceptance score is 143 and GPA acceptance score 2.9.

AA is a rather basic, easy way to get into a business. At the end of the day, you lose more respect than you gain with affirmative action. The sole reason why Obama immediately stated, "I did not use Affirmative Action...," he did not want anyone thinking he used AA. It is a rather disgusting thing to use to get into a job. The employer is racist? He is going to be racist/prejudice even if you do use AA and he will cause you more stress than you need, so go to a different business.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2010, 11:31:31 PM »
Hey idiot, the average american dosnt have a bachelors degree, does that mean that all of the americans here are undergrad living in their daddys house? Not all of them. Just a thought to grow on.

Obviously it was hard seeing as you're going to Cooley whose LSAT acceptance score is 143 and GPA acceptance score 2.9.

AA is a rather basic, easy way to get into a business. At the end of the day, you lose more respect than you gain with affirmative action. The sole reason why Obama immediately stated, "I did not use Affirmative Action...," he did not want anyone thinking he used AA. It is a rather disgusting thing to use to get into a job. The employer is racist? He is going to be racist/prejudice even if you do use AA and he will cause you more stress than you need, so go to a different business.

sonofapickle

« Reply #605 on: May 20, 2010, 11:37:37 PM »
Do not act as though you had more schools accepting you. For example, if I applied for admission to a community college and admission to the top ranked college in the state and was accepted into both, I would choose the top ranked school. Why settle for a community college when a top ranked school would like to have you as well? Cooley is like a community college, all you need is a basic score of 143 (community college, high school diploma) to get in. If you got over a 160, you would not be going to Cooley. No one just chooses it because they like the alumni and programs, they choose it because they have no alternatives.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #606 on: May 20, 2010, 11:41:17 PM »
you live with your mommy and daddy of course you'd pick community college if thats all they were willing to pay, think before you speak idiot.

Second, LOTS of people go to community college and even online colleges that had 4.0 in high school because they have lives, get over yourself and your nipple sucking.

Besides, remind me which Ivy League undergrad did you go to(oh yeah)........ :'(

Do not act as though you had more schools accepting you. For example, if I applied for admission to a community college and admission to the top ranked college in the state and was accepted into both, I would choose the top ranked school. Why settle for a community college when a top ranked school would like to have you as well? Cooley is like a community college, all you need is a basic score of 143 (community college, high school diploma) to get in. If you got over a 160, you would not be going to Cooley. No one just chooses it because they like the alumni and programs, they choose it because they have no alternatives.

sonofapickle

« Reply #607 on: May 20, 2010, 11:50:48 PM »
 I was a PSEO student in High School and had my foot in the door of a well accredited private school, so there was no need for me to go to a community college. Even if they could not pay for me to attend a private school, there were scholarships in place if I needed them and loans. A community college is for people who have no great prospects in life, and even if they do, they still won't get that far in life. It is the double-wide trailer park of schools where inbreds, outcasts, and underachievers go to immerse themselves in more mediocrity. A 4.0 in high school? Lol, like a 4.0 of some backwater high school will get you anywhere. On average, private high school outperform public high schools, and the curriculum is much tougher than your average public high school. You need more than a 4.0 to get into a good college. Try 4.0, community service, AP classes, and sports. A kid at a community college who claims he had a 4.0 is obviously lying to himself or did not attend a good high school.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #608 on: May 20, 2010, 11:51:48 PM »
And which Ivy League undergrad are you in now? :'(

sonofapickle

« Reply #609 on: May 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM »
 I decided to stay home during undergrad, but it is not a community college nor a state university. An Ivy League is a step up from the private institution I attend, but not by much, the academia is similar and the professors are top-notch, but the name of an Ivy League is known throughout the country.