Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 200 times)

bucky

• badgerbadgerbadger
    • AOL Instant Messenger - you+have+to+ask.
    • View Profile
« on: June 07, 2006, 05:26:38 PM »

We have recently learned that bucky rocks out pretty hard.

Da5id

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Sample
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »
I'd say at some point between now and sunday, take a look at 5 or 6 prompts, and spend 2-3 minutes thinking about each and mentally planning how you would write an essay.

Really, that should be more than sufficient if this thing is as unimportant as most make it sound.

Rockie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Scream for me LSD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 05:59:46 PM »
Yeah going over a few prompts and brainstorming for a few minutes about how you'd organise your thoughts is the best way to do it. Much like with LG its more important to get a good "setup" down and then write with a plan.
While I agree its unimportant in comparison to the scored sections, I just took a Kaplan workshop on writing section strategy and they made a good point, that if it was seen as so uninportant, they wouldn't have added a whole new prompt and added 5 minutes to the section. Obviously, someone considers it important, or else they wouldn't bother making changes. It is one of the first things seen in your application file. But as long as they see you can organize your thoughts coherently, you'll be fine though.

nixon plays checkers

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • agitated treatment of modern discourse
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 06:23:33 PM »
What writing sample?