Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Incomplete application at UC Hastings..... ding ding ding.  (Read 3724 times)

grendel20

• imma boy.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - calvintomyhobbes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Incomplete application at UC Hastings..... ding ding ding.
« on: June 07, 2006, 02:31:27 PM »
So, Hastings was my first choice.  I adored them and even talked to a professor (who is a friend of my sisters) about the school over the telephone.  When my mother informed me of the ding letter I was pretty bummed, but figured it was bound to happen.  She read the letter sparsely over the phone and said something about my being turned down to an incomplete application.

Wha?

I asked her to mail the letter to me.  I emailed them and they said I didn't answer question 8 from the LEOP form.  I downloaded my application via LSAC to check to see what question it was and how i answered it........

I answered it fully.

The rub lies in the fact that they sent me a confirmation email saying my application was complete....... but later sent an email saying it was uncomplete a few days afterwards. 

That email was filtered to my junk mail by hotmail.

:(

So, this whole time I thought I had a complete application, I did not... but actually did.

I'm at work right now, and don't get off for another five or so hours.  My arms are shaky and I have this utter desire to just burst into a tear or two.  I know I was a bit of a long shot, but I had good references and was just kinda sorta hopin.  Oh.... bother.  Now its either USF or Southwestern..... unless Loyola lets me in by the graces of god.... (turned in my application late)

Oh, cruel world..... release me from this tainted orb.

Bay Area Bum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Incomplete application at UC Hastings..... ding ding ding.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 05:23:47 PM »
So what are you going to do?

grendel20

• imma boy.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 06:45:25 PM »
curl up in a fetal position somewhere and wallow in self pity for awhile.....

Then southwestern..... i guess.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 07:45:49 PM »
I'd be on the phone, bitching at them for their error.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 11:43:54 PM »

What she said.  If you were complete and it was their mistake, your application deserves another review, or you should get a refund of your application fee.

ETA: for some reason I assumed above poster was a woman.  If I'm wrong, I apologize.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 06:58:16 AM »

What she said.  If you were complete and it was their mistake, your application deserves another review, or you should get a refund of your application fee.

ETA: for some reason I assumed above poster was a woman.  If I'm wrong, I apologize.

You're right, I'm a woman.  :)

Bay Area Bum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 10:17:46 AM »
are we getting the full story here?  i ask because you seem to be pretty passive about this.  as the others have said, if this happened to me, i would be complaining and seeing if there was some recourse.

grendel20

• imma boy.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 12:56:47 PM »
are we getting the full story here?  i ask because you seem to be pretty passive about this.  as the others have said, if this happened to me, i would be complaining and seeing if there was some recourse.

The rub is in the fact that there are 13 questions on the LEOP........ one of them is a fill in the blank on the actual application and the twelve others within a sepepart word document.  If anyone remembers the appliction, there were three questions about work experience prior to college, during college, and after college.  My application wasn't reviewed completely because I joined the former two into one paragraph and the latter got its own.... if that makes sense at all.  

Personally, I think I had everything completed, but they didn't think so.  It's my fault for having a faulty spam filter, but just the circuimstances are killing me.... or, they killed me yesterday.  I was expecting a ding, but not in this way.  Anyhoo, I'm not sure if I could stand to be doubly dinged if they did review my app again - imagine that.....

but yeah, I did email them a bunch of times, then called them when I got out of work.  I think admissions got tired of hearing my voice and said the admissions committee was out of session, so it lent me the impression there was not much I could do.

Kinda sucks to think my application wasn't reviewed because I didn't finish an ancillary addition... butttt, once again, my bad with the whole spam filter thing..... :(

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 11:32:09 PM »
Hmm, i didn even fill out the LEOP form.

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 11:58:29 PM »
Hmm, i didn even fill out the LEOP form.

I didn't either....pretty sure it says optional
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/