Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The new White Thread.....  (Read 9175 times)

dgatl

Re: The new White Thread.....
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2004, 10:56:11 AM »
since first generation folks would have a tougher time mastering language to the level required in law (by second generation that wouldn't matter anymore).

that's true for alot of asian people, but my people had the luxury of being abused by the british colonials so even the first generationers have a good mastery of the language.  this is, btw, the big reason for outsourcing to india...  most 2nd generation indians are either rich and ghetto or rich and nerdy.

nathanielmark

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2004, 10:57:12 AM »
back on topic....  any of you guys keeping up with the NHL offseason.. what about the new tennis rankings.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2004, 11:06:31 AM »
True on the British empire...

My buddy from Singapore actually had to take the TOEFL exam to get into grad school.  Its interesting since he can write no language other than English and the only langauge he speaks other than English is Chinese at roughly the level of a five-year old child.  He was relatively (and rightully) annoyed.
3.8/155

dgatl

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2004, 11:10:37 AM »
True on the British empire...

My buddy from Singapore actually had to take the TOEFL exam to get into grad school.  Its interesting since he can write no language other than English and the only langauge he speaks other than English is Chinese at roughly the level of a five-year old child.  He was relatively (and rightully) annoyed.

that's interesting.  i wonder if people from the UK have to take the TOEFL.  i think there should be a special, extra hard TOEFL for people from canada and france.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2004, 11:13:04 AM »
France?
3.8/155

dgatl

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2004, 11:14:08 AM »
France?

we should do our hardest to keep out canadian and french people

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2004, 06:36:35 PM »
I agree 100% on the Canadians.  Those crazy Canadians and their toilet smuggling operations are going to ruin this country.
3.8/155