Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The new White Thread.....  (Read 9276 times)

lexylit

Re: The new White Thread.....
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2004, 10:35:30 AM »
eh, it was the best i could think of for what the word "whiteness" would stand for.  i dunno.

you all could talk about food and how bland white people food is.  that would be a great topic for you all to talk about

is there such a thing as white people food?

thechoson

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »
Don't you have a pretty small yang?

no, that's Dsong. I have the 6 incher.  Even bigger if I eat my wheaties

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2004, 10:39:08 AM »
Man, you asians all type alike (joking tone).  How am I supposed to keep it straight?
3.8/155

dgatl

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2004, 10:40:22 AM »
I could start talking about tractor pulls and country music, but I'd lose all the white people on here, too.  (Danger of being a redneck in academia... the other rednecks think you are a freak and the non-rednecks don't understand your background at all.)

dgatl -- What ethnic group do you belong to?  I honestly have no clue from your avatar, just curious.

i'm indian... proud to be a brown person

thechoson

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2004, 10:42:22 AM »
Man, you asians all type alike (joking tone).  How am I supposed to keep it straight?

Rub that yang

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2004, 10:43:21 AM »
dgatl - Does that qualify for URM in law school?  I think in engineering they are going to start deducting points pretty soon!!
3.8/155

dgatl

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2004, 10:43:30 AM »

Rub that yang

when the hell did you become cho-lo?

thechoson

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »
2 minutes ago

dgatl

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2004, 10:44:55 AM »
dgatl - Does that qualify for URM in law school?  I think in engineering they are going to start deducting points pretty soon!!

they already deduct points.  no, indians and most asians are ORM, meaning over-represented.  and secretly, i think the standards to brown and yellow ORMs are higher than white people. they just can't publish it...

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2004, 10:52:15 AM »
I have no doubt the standards are quietly higher in math/science/engineering.  The MCAT's actually release their statistics though (interesting read on their website), and for medicine its roughly equal.  In law I think it would be roughly equal, since first generation folks would have a tougher time mastering language to the level required in law (by second generation that wouldn't matter anymore).
3.8/155