Law School Discussion

Acceptances at Touro ?

Acceptances at Touro ?
« on: June 04, 2006, 10:11:35 PM »
Just wondering if anyone received their acceptance letters for Touro for Fall 06???

Re: Acceptances at Touro ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 10:01:38 AM »
I applied in November I still havent heard from them.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 10:29:06 AM »
I applied in November and received an acceptance two months ago. I heard they were a little backed up with their admission's process.

Just wondering if anyone received their acceptance letters for Touro for Fall 06???

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 02:23:45 AM »

- Bump -

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 02:00:18 PM »
July is almost here and still no word from Touro.  I'm sure I would have gotten something if I had gotten in touch with them but I havent bothered.  Just letting anyone out there know that they aren't alone.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 11:35:04 AM »
- bump -

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 08:41:50 AM »
You haven't heard anything from them yet?  Wow!  Perhaps it's because they are getting ready to move to the new building?? I"m not sure.  I rec'd my schedule on Friday.  Have you called them?

Its been 4 1/2 months now and still no response from Touro. I have called them many times but they always say your application is being reviewed, a decision has not been made. When i ask if i am on a waitlist they say there is no waitlist. How much more time do they need. I cant take this anymore, just tell me is it a NO or YES. When did you apply and when did you get your acceptance?

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »
You haven't heard anything from them yet?  Wow!  Perhaps it's because they are getting ready to move to the new building?? I"m not sure.  I rec'd my schedule on Friday.  Have you called them?

Its been 4 1/2 months now and still no response from Touro. I have called them many times but they always say your application is being reviewed, a decision has not been made. When i ask if i am on a waitlist they say there is no waitlist. How much more time do they need. I cant take this anymore, just tell me is it a NO or YES. When did you apply and when did you get your acceptance?

I applied in November, but my app wasn't complete until I took the Feb lsat.  I got my acceptance on June 2nd.

What do you think about Touro? Did you visit their campus and meet the faculty?

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 09:53:36 PM »

I applied in November, but my app wasn't complete until I took the Feb lsat.  I got my acceptance on June 2nd.

What do you think about Touro? Did you visit their campus and meet the faculty?

Well, while it's very low on the rankings, I know more than 10 attorneys who graduated from there and are doing quite well.  In fact, I work with two Touro grads.  I'm a married mom who works as well, so my decision to attend Touro was more for location and convenience more than anything else.  However, the new campus is beautiful.  It's located next to Federal, State, Family and District Court houses- the clinical experience will be superb.  They're not moving into the new campus until the beginning of October, so I'll be in the old and ugly building until then.  I don't plan on working in big law and already have a job after LS (14+years as a paralegal), so my opinion is probably a bit skewed.   

Where are you from?

I am from NY (Queens). Had applied at Touro in mid March but still have not heard from them yet. I am not sure whats taking them sooo long. The deadline for seat deposits is Aug 22nd so i am keeping my fingers crossed. BTW why are you planning to go to law school. 14+ years of paralegal experience is just amazing - i am pretty sure you must be having a comfortable job with a decent career. One of my friend works as a paralegal and says he likes it while at the same time making decent amount of money.