Law School Discussion

1L Schedule

frankm007

1L Schedule
« on: June 04, 2006, 01:19:41 PM »
Anyone know what is the typical schedule for 1L? Classes are in the morning? Afternoon? thanks

OingoBoingo

• Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile
Re: 1L Schedule
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 01:48:55 PM »
it depends on your school obviously

my school is pretty much a 9-3:30 jobs about 4 times a week.

yours may also have the 1L schedule posted on their website.

Cosigned.

revelareveritas

• Something strange is afoot at the Circle K...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 04:03:10 PM »
Mine has the basics:

Torts
Procedure
Crim I
Legal Writing
Intro to Law

Etc...

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 05:15:36 PM »
Each section is different, but generally anywhere from 8:30 to 4 with the entire school taking lunch from 12-1pm.

laur0212

• 3L, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 05:43:22 PM »
Definitely different at each school, but generally its like a typical work day (as in about 8 hours, with 30-60 minutes for lunch).

tacojohn

• "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 07:01:06 AM »
I'll agree with everyone and add that most 1Ls do not get to pick their schedule.  It is handed to them.  You might get to pick an elective or two, especially at a school with a quarter system, but you won't get to try and have no early classes, or nothing on Fridays.  Although 2Ls and 3Ls at my school can definetly get three day classweeks that don't start before 2:00.

Pythagoras

• ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 09:53:40 AM »
We're getting

CivPro
Torts
Contract
Legal Writing
Legal Methods

From what I was told at ASW, it's gonna be every day at 9am.

revelareveritas

• Something strange is afoot at the Circle K...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 01:38:31 PM »
I have to say, I'm freaking out a bit now... My lawyer mother just told me that my 1L schedule includes some of the hardest classes available and is dumping a "summer assignment" on my lap. Basically the first two months of LS under her personal supervision... *&^%! What have I gotten myself into?!?!

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 02:41:11 PM »
I have to say, I'm freaking out a bit now... My lawyer mother just told me that my 1L schedule includes some of the hardest classes available and is dumping a "summer assignment" on my lap. Basically the first two months of LS under her personal supervision... sh*t! What have I gotten myself into?!?!

Although 1L classes aren't really hard per se, you'll probably be glad that she gave you the assignment once you start school.

Towlie

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 02:44:39 PM »
I have to say, I'm freaking out a bit now... My lawyer mother just told me that my 1L schedule includes some of the hardest classes available and is dumping a "summer assignment" on my lap. Basically the first two months of LS under her personal supervision... sh*t! What have I gotten myself into?!?!

You could always tell her no! If my lawyer dad or step-dad gave me a summer assignment, I'd make them also give me a hefty scholarship for my studies  ;)  Otherwise, I'd assume my rightful position on the couch and not move for hours.