Law School Discussion

Time between sections

Time between sections
« on: June 04, 2006, 12:34:13 PM »
How much time do the proctors tend to give you between the sections? Aside from the break, that is.  Is it "Stop-Next Section-Go" kind of thing or are they required to read the instructions again giving you a minute or so? 

withj

Re: Time between sections
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 12:36:19 PM »
How much time do the proctors tend to give you between the sections? Aside from the break, that is.  Is it "Stop-Next Section-Go" kind of thing or are they required to read the instructions again giving you a minute or so? 

Stop-Next Section-Go. You definitely need to be prepared for that, because that's exactly how it's going to be.

Da5id

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 12:46:21 PM »

Stop-Next Section-Go. You definitely need to be prepared for that, because that's exactly how it's going to be.

Dang. One would like at least 30 to 90 seconds to sort of mentally reset. That'll be interesting.

withj

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 02:25:16 PM »

Dang. One would like at least 30 to 90 seconds to sort of mentally reset. That'll be interesting.

There is one way to get that 30-60-90... seconds: finish the section early. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done. I took the real test twice, and I never had an extra second on any section. In fact, I ran out of time on several.

Good luck to you all, BTW.

Harper

• works every time
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 11:11:42 AM »
Does anybody else who has taken the test have any insight on this?  I'm very curious as to which is more common, the 'stop-next section-go' or the 1-2 minute pause. 

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 11:16:14 AM »
Less than a minute.

magnumalv

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 11:26:43 AM »
stop-next-go for me, both times (I'd say about 15 seconds)