Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Introduce yourself to BLSD  (Read 43191 times)

OCLawGirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself to BLSD
« Reply #630 on: June 27, 2007, 12:11:43 PM »
Hi my people,

I'm OCLawGirl.  I'm from the motherland (Africa).  I'm 30, Capricorn. I enjoy long walks on the beach.  I'm 34-24-36.  People tell me I look like Janet Jackson!  ;D hehehe!

Ok...I'll be serious.  I'll be starting law school next Fall.  Just need to get through the Sept LSAT.  I work full time and have a 19-month old son. I'm a proud single mama! 8)
"Yes, I'm URM!  And if you think for a min that I'm going to turn down any law school acceptance 'cause you feel I don't deserve it, you must be high on something.  I'm not giving up my seat at the front of the bus! Deal with it!" - LSN Unknown

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 27, 2007, 01:52:59 PM »
Wow, we've got a gang of newbies on here.  Welcome all.  You're in good hands here. Ask lots of questions.

Good luck with the LSAT and/or 1L.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 27, 2007, 04:28:30 PM »
Hey I never got to do this!   :D ;D ;)

Living in the hottest city in America...I mean literally hot...Atlanta!!!  Headed to UGA in the fall.  Consider myself to be a non-trad (27 and turning 28 the first day of school plus two degrees and work experience under my belt).  Going to law school because I have always wanted to go.  Glad to be on the board!  Have a had a great experience thus far...

Actually, you might be surprised to know that being 27 in law school is pretty much traditional.

Welcome and good luck.

Sands is right.  I was the 3rd youngest person in the class.  I think older is better-better able to handle the nonacademic stuff that happens sometimes 

BTW, welcome all newbies   
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 28, 2007, 02:18:43 PM »
Hey everybody!  I'm a caligurl, born and raised, but I actually live in Georgia now.  I've been a member of LSD for awhile, but I used to post mostly on the LSAT board.  However, as I spend more time on the BLSD, I've gotten comfortable here and feel like I already know some of ya'll, so I figured I'd formally introduce myself... 

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear from the last 2 schools I've applied to (rejected from 6)... I'm deferred at both, and I think my June LSAT score is going to be the determining factor as to whether I get in.  I have been anxious and on edge all year waiting to find out if I'm going to law school in the fall.  This process has been so agonizing for me!

I think the main reason for all of my rejections was my low gpa from undergrad (rocky freshman year, but upward trend later) and of course, a sub 150 LSAT. However, I do think my LORS and PS are excellent and I definitely have some diversity to add to the mix....anyhoo, I'm feeling really good about my performance on the June LSAT and anticipate a score exceeding 151, at the very least.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 156-158, I felt that good about it.  I didn't let my nerves get the best of me this time, and I'm actually grateful that LSAC banned having personal timers in the testing center because I am now convinced that it just added to my test anxiety...

Also, I am a married mother of three and just can't wait to start law school!!
Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #634 on: June 28, 2007, 02:28:59 PM »
Hi All,

I noticed a couple of posters in this thread are still in undergrad.  If you are or will be in the DC area during any semester (or summer) of your remaining time in undergrad AND are looking for a pre-law internship opportunity that would generate great recs for LS applications, PM me.

(DAMN, that was a long sentence)

Girljuno

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #635 on: June 29, 2007, 06:33:09 AM »
Girljuno Here. I am:

1) 27 years-old
2) Have a B.S. in film from Boston U and a M.A. in English from VCU
3) I am attending University of Richmond School of Law in the fall and I am excited.

Anyway I love this site. I especially love this board and I wish everyone much luck.

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 29, 2007, 10:35:59 AM »
welcome to all! :)

Essential

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #637 on: June 29, 2007, 11:04:07 AM »
Hi all,

I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill with a degree in journalism and mass communications. I will be attending law school there in the fall and I'm excited! I am 24 and originally from outside of Greensboro, N.C.
:): UNC
A: UNC ($), UGA, Wake ($$), Temple ($$), WCL, UofK ($), Howard ($$), NCCU ($$), Campbell ($$)

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 29, 2007, 11:05:26 AM »
Hi all,

I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill with a degree in journalism and mass communications. I will be attending law school there in the fall and I'm excited! I am 24 and originally from outside of Greensboro, N.C.

Did you just graduate this year?  My bro is going into his sr year at UNC, so you might know him.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Essential

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #639 on: June 29, 2007, 11:15:26 AM »
I graduated in 05, but I also work at UNC so it's a good chance that I may know him.
:): UNC
A: UNC ($), UGA, Wake ($$), Temple ($$), WCL, UofK ($), Howard ($$), NCCU ($$), Campbell ($$)