Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's your favorite superhero?  (Read 4485 times)

jujunyc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Who's your favorite superhero?
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2006, 04:53:17 PM »

That would be SOOOOO cool ( I feel like I'm 6 again ) I remember there was a cartoon movie about them and they both fought evil together... soooo awesome!!!

I personally owned, and probably dismembered, their action figures. i loved her gold and white costume.

For some reason I thought She-Ra was killer but I never liked wonderwoman. But I wanted to be She-ra, and Jean Grey from X-men, when she was Phoenix.

Cree83

• Sr. Citizen
  • henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2006, 05:54:35 PM »
Magneto- BWA-HAHAHAHA... he is my fave villain

maybe i'm wrong, but i feel like i remember magneto being in both x-men and spiderman plotlines.  if all the x-men can't get rid of him, how is spidey going to do it all by his lonesome?  seems like quite an uphill battle.
She said "love, love, love is all that matters"
I said "sure, I guess, whatever"
She said "what does that mean"
I said "nothin, it's just good to have a backup plan"

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2006, 06:29:36 PM »
and She-Ra (why can't they make a real life movie about her!)

I wholeheartedly agree.

She-ra and He-man need to be brought back for the next generation!!

They made another He-Man cartoon series in 2002 that turned out very well (Teela actually looked female, instead of like a man with boobs).  They used to air it on Cartoon Network a couple years ago, but dropped it for some reason.
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2006, 11:10:47 PM »

maybe i'm wrong, but i feel like i remember magneto being in both x-men and spiderman plotlines.  if all the x-men can't get rid of him, how is spidey going to do it all by his lonesome?  seems like quite an uphill battle.

Ok, so I just saw the movie, and then ranted about it for an hour, and thought I was out of rant material, but I can feel it starting to come back...

::bites tongue::
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

Pirate Pete

• LSD Obsessed
  • member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2006, 11:11:25 PM »

Ok, so I just saw the movie, and then ranted about it for an hour, and thought I was out of rant material, but I can feel it starting to come back...

I was not too impressed there either, Lily. 
fair like the sun that shines in my soul when you're near, emily
Wow, Em is genius!

J D

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2006, 11:16:38 PM »

From what I read, the producers essentially sabotaged it.  They didn't give the director enough running time or enough time to really complete the film, because they wanted to preempt the release of Superman Returns.  I guess that explains the overwhelming feeling of "they're really trying to do too much and not leaving themselves enough room in which to do it."  Read the novelization, it's supposed to be much better.

Pirate Pete

• LSD Obsessed
  • member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2006, 11:17:30 PM »

From what I read, the producers essentially sabotaged it.  They didn't give the director enough running time or enough time to really complete the film, because they wanted to preempt the release of Superman Returns.  I guess that explains the overwhelming feeling of "they're really trying to do too much and not leaving themselves enough room in which to do it."  Read the novelization, it's supposed to be much better.

Which brings us back to our old friend, fan fiction.
Wow, Em is genius!

J D

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2006, 12:21:07 AM »
The novelization of a comic book movie. LOL.

You know, much of the power of the comic book actually derives from the characters and their relationships with each other.  Flashy powers and explosions are nice, but that's not all of what the X-Men are about.  ::)

Pirate Pete

• LSD Obsessed
  • member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2006, 12:26:30 AM »
The novelization of a comic book movie. LOL.

You know, much of the power of the comic book actually derives from the characters and their relationships with each other.  Flashy powers and explosions are nice, but that's not all of what the X-Men are about.  ::)

Awww...sweet.  Still gets you a nomination for NotW, though.
Wow, Em is genius!

SCgrad

« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2006, 04:05:53 AM »