Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: hurricane charley  (Read 1079 times)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
hurricane charley
« on: August 12, 2004, 05:00:45 PM »
to all boarders in the tampa area or any other part of florida that will be affected by charley...

be safe.  and get the hell out.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040812_1483.html
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

alannauf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: hurricane charley
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 05:17:53 PM »
to all boarders in the tampa area or any other part of florida that will be affected by charley...

its just a part of living in florida. its not even scary anymore. thanks for the kind words though.

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 06:44:50 PM »
that hurricane is going to take out my house!!  i'm a little worried...

ruskiegirl

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 06:51:34 PM »
I am totally freaked out about it becuse my parents live in Tampa.  I talked to my mom today and she said it was a madhouse there.  It's kind of a new experience for Tampa since it hasn't had a hurricane since 1921 and many people are skeptical that it will even hit them.  I would rather be safe than sorry.  I just hope I still have a home to come back to for Thanksgiving Dinner. :-\

alannauf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 10:49:30 PM »
I am totally freaked out about it becuse my parents live in Tampa.  I talked to my mom today and she said it was a madhouse there.  It's kind of a new experience for Tampa since it hasn't had a hurricane since 1921 and many people are skeptical that it will even hit them.  I would rather be safe than sorry.  I just hope I still have a home to come back to for Thanksgiving Dinner. :-\

hopefully when it took its turn east today it missed your parents house ruskiegirl.  :)

corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 10:55:46 PM »
  JEB says 15 billion in damages... spoke to all my peeps up the west coast all the way to orlando (where it just went through). Some property damage but mostly just a cool all around experience.... It hit ground in Port Charlotte and moved up through sarasota and Tampa before moving inland.. its almost completely through FLA now im sure...

The words of WU-TANG never seemed more prolific

"Just consider the unparalleled advantage of a natural disaster that's impossible to manage"

C.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 12:41:38 AM »

hopefully when it took its turn east today it missed your parents house ruskiegirl.  :)
Thank you for your concern.  It DID!  But, of course, my prayers go out to all those other people who were not so fortunate.

dgatl

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 10:32:29 PM »

its just a part of living in florida. its not even scary anymore. thanks for the kind words though.

you must have lived through andrew

alannauf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 10:49:24 PM »

you must have lived through andrew

sure did