Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: why osgoode sucks ...  (Read 3471 times)

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: why osgoode sucks ...
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 02:33:27 PM »
well, my parents asked me to apply there.  :D

??? ??? ???

Why?
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 10:42:23 PM »
it's in toronto ... where I live.  You never know i guess.  I was only applying to 2 Canadian schools and I really haven't applied to any safeties.  They felt it would be a good idea to apply to one more (not that Osgoode's a safety or anything) ... but yeah ...

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 11:13:57 PM »
it's in toronto ... where I live.  You never know i guess.  I was only applying to 2 Canadian schools and I really haven't applied to any safeties.  They felt it would be a good idea to apply to one more (not that Osgoode's a safety or anything) ... but yeah ...

Yeah, Osgoode isn't exactly... a safety.  You're competitive although the LSAT means a bit less to them, so I think that your chances at UofT might even be better than Osgoode.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2004, 11:19:14 PM »

Yeah, Osgoode isn't exactly... a safety.  You're competitive although the LSAT means a bit less to them, so I think that your chances at UofT might even be better than Osgoode.

yeah, maybe?  York is a mystery to me.  I really have no clue what they're thinking most of the time.  If you average my engineering and economics GPA's, my GPA is a 3.70.  So even if they just look at it like that, and nothing else ... I should be at least competitive. 

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2004, 11:29:43 PM »
Is that what you get when you average the two?  At 3.7 and 167 you're a lock.  Just don't let the PS be: "I don't want to go here, I hate you."  ;)
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2004, 11:37:15 PM »
hahah ... yeah, but here's the sketchy part ...

I used to figure skate .. through university.  Anyways, I trained like 30+hours/week ... moved around ... competed for Canada ... yada yada yada ... but my transcripts are sketchy.  My ugrad took 5 years, I did one year part-time, and switched around universities and stuff. 

well, on most applications, this looks good.  I can highlight it in my PS and diversity stuff and my application and it works to my advantage ...

Osgoode however is basically like send us your numbers and we'll let you know.  So ... I have no idea how it's going to work out.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2004, 11:39:18 PM »
hahah ... yeah, but here's the sketchy part ...

I used to figure skate .. through university.  Anyways, I trained like 30+hours/week ... moved around ... competed for Canada ... yada yada yada ... but my transcripts are sketchy.  My ugrad took 5 years, I did one year part-time, and switched around universities and stuff. 

well, on most applications, this looks good.  I can highlight it in my PS and diversity stuff and my application and it works to my advantage ...

Osgoode however is basically like send us your numbers and we'll let you know.  So ... I have no idea how it's going to work out.

That's true, but I still don't see you not getting in.  If you don't get in with that, I'm screwed. 

BTW, I thought Osgoode was the worst but I just cruised over to Dal's site.  Most uninformative website... ever.  Lots of text that says nothing.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2004, 11:41:41 PM »
I shoudl check it out ... there's some hot chicks at dal!

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2004, 11:43:01 PM »
I shoudl check it out ... there's some hot chicks at dal!

We all Western and McGill beat that competition a long time ago.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2004, 11:47:56 PM »
hahah ... i say guelph ... but i'm semi-biased since i manage to pick up everytime I go there.

I know who came last in the rankings too *cough* UofT *cough*