Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: why osgoode sucks ...  (Read 3470 times)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
why osgoode sucks ...
« on: August 12, 2004, 04:27:52 PM »
why does York have to be so difficult about everything ...

There application requires TWO essays that have to be 2000 words long.  Plus, they tell you what to write about and my personal statement won't work for either of them.

They did the same kind of thing when I looked into their undergrad program.  Stupid York.  Anyways, this is my Canadian topic for the day :D

darren

• Sr. Citizen
  • Nader / Camejo 2004
    • View Profile
Re: why osgoode sucks ...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 04:50:46 PM »
Pfff, sucks.  I'm gonna apply there anyway.  What other Canadian schools are you applying to?
GPA - 3.55 Overall, 3.75 Last 3 Years
LSAT - 169,171 on Timed Practice Tests

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 04:52:11 PM »
UofT (last choice, i hate u of t so much but its the best canadian school), YorkU, and UBC

I made a list of schools (us and canadian) ... uofT was my 9th choice and york my 15th.  How bout you?

darren

• Sr. Citizen
  • Nader / Camejo 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 04:55:34 PM »
I haven't really decided yet, I decided a couple of weeks ago that I'm not applying until next year.  But now I'm hooked on LSD  ;)

I can pretty much guess, though, that in Canada for me it would be UBC, UVic, U of T, York or Dalhousie.  I probably won't apply to all of them though.  I'm pretty much certain that I want to do environmental law, so I have to look into the programs in a bit more depth.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 04:58:17 PM »
yeah, i'm getting a lot of pressure from certain 'friends' to stay in toronto.  but whatever.  UBC and Uvic seem like they would be a tonn of fun.  I've heard good things about Dal too.  Toronto and York would be uber-stressful.

I wish i had of been addicted to this site for longer.  I bet i would have studied way harder for my LSAT.

darren

• Sr. Citizen
  • Nader / Camejo 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 05:08:45 PM »
yeah, i'm getting a lot of pressure from certain 'friends' to stay in toronto.  but whatever.  UBC and Uvic seem like they would be a tonn of fun.  I've heard good things about Dal too.  Toronto and York would be uber-stressful.

I wish i had of been addicted to this site for longer.  I bet i would have studied way harder for my LSAT.

I don't like hearing that about the Toronto schools.  UBC is a great place, I'm not so sure about the law school these days, you hear some bad things even though it still has a pretty good rep and is one of the toughest to get into in Canada.  Everyone out here seems to be in love with UVic's law school, supposedly they have great profs and a really high quality education.  I don't know if they have a really great national/international rep yet, but maybe that will come in time.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 05:14:23 PM »
honestly though, Canada's not really like the US at all for rep..  Reputation hardly matters.  If you went to UVic or UBC I'm sure getting a job would have nothing to do with the reputation of the school.  The only place where it would probably benefit you country wide would be U of T. 

One problem would be finding a job though.  Unemployment for lawyers is pretty high right now in the country; especially for recent grads. 

Funny how neither of us mentioned McGill.  I think tomorrow I'll start a why McGill sucks thread.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 12:12:27 PM »
I thought I would bump this ...

I'm currently filling out Osgoode's application and wanted to say again ... Osgoode SUCKS.  I don't know why I'm filling out this application.  Stupid extra essays ...

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 02:17:14 PM »
I don't know either, especially if you have no interest going there.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 02:24:38 PM »
well, my parents asked me to apply there.  :D