Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those on the Miami waitlist  (Read 433 times)

shrimpgordita

• View Profile
For those on the Miami waitlist
« on: June 02, 2006, 02:26:44 PM »
I called the office of admissions and asked about the expected activity level this year.  The woman said that a couple of applicants have been let in, but she doubts there will be very many, if any, more.  She also said that this year is the first year in the last five where they have gone to the waitlist.

Mr. Burnz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: For those on the Miami waitlist
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 05:52:24 PM »
I'm gonna have to call bull on this one... 

My older brother definitely applied 2 cycles ago and was accepted off the waitlist in July.  Furthmore, LSN shows waitlist acceptances have occurred over the past 3 years (including 8 this year, which, considering that LSN is not a complete sample and its still early in the summer, is pretty significant).  Plus, there's people like me who have deposits down at other schools in addition to UM.  Ggiven the above information, they must not be overenrolled, so more spots should open...

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 06:15:45 PM »
 :o

Autumn

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 06:54:11 PM »
Someone told me they got a letter that said the class was full and they no longer needed to have a waitlist. However, I'm on the waitlist, and I never got the letter, so I don't know.  ???

shrimpgordita

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 01:55:08 PM »
sounded weird to me to, but that is what the woman said.

drlovebug

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 02:36:38 PM »
out of all the schools i applied to... applying early to miami helped the most id say...  at an accepted students online chat back in like january or so, we were told that they already accepted something like 80 percent of the applicants they plan to accept...    people with way higher numbers than mine on lsn seemed to have been waitlisted thereafter..
2L