Law School Discussion

"Terror-sections"?

Da5id

• View Profile
"Terror-sections"?
« on: June 01, 2006, 04:19:33 PM »
I'm curious if anyone else feels like there are occasionally really witchy single sections to some of these tests.

I just recently did test #33, Dec 2000, and I actually had time problems on the RC section-- I'm a wicked fast reader and I normally finish with ~10 minutes to spare unless I really linger a ton.

It was a 28 question section, the reading passages seemed a notch denser than usual to me, and a LOT of the questions were a little more "edgewise" than usual. I got more wrong than I normally do and definitely had an unusually rough ride.

I can remember at least one games section I've particularly loathed and a few LRs that had  a higher number of nasty questions than normal (every LR seems to have 1 or 2 that are really tough/annoying, but a few have 3 or 4 or 5).

I'm curious if anyone out there feels similarly about any particular section--- I'd like to particularly try a few of the roughest sections from the last 15 years on a just-in-case basis as we lead up to the test.... plus it's nice to gripe.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: "Terror-sections"?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 06:25:35 PM »
I'm sure there are a lot more, but the second LR section of test #36, which I took today, I thought was very tough.  I was doing very well on the test up to that point, but then got totally hung up starting about halfway through that section. 

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 07:45:25 PM »
I'm sure there are a lot more, but the second LR section of test #36, which I took today, I thought was very tough.  I was doing very well on the test up to that point, but then got totally hung up starting about halfway through that section.

I bet you still ended up getting a 173+ huh?  :-* ;D

Well, yeah.  174.  But I only got one wrong on the first two sections.  It should have been higher!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 10:24:42 PM »
How about a Terror-Test?  I bombed both LR sections and the RC section of June 02.  I've been blaming it on the MSG in my lunch, but man, I really felt like garbage about the answers I was choosing on that test.