Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: a momentary lapse of zen (aka Panicking!)  (Read 11417 times)

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: a momentary lapse of zen (aka Panicking!)
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 04:38:05 PM »
C'mon everybodt knows educational debt isnt REAL debt, right?  ;)

so does that mean it's on the "optional, flexible repayment plan" ??  :)

defeatist

• Sr. Citizen
  • trust, but verify
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 07:00:02 PM »
I had a moment of panic last night, when I realized that leaving the apartment I share with my SO to move 100 miles away for law school means having to buy a new bed.  Something about moving out and buying a new mattress feels really ugly and depressing to me. Maybe my moment is continuing.

OingoBoingo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 07:05:16 PM »
Good timing with this thread....

I just moved out to the Twin Cities and had my panick moment in the Ikea store while purchasing a new bed :) Some of it was actual regret for leaving a decently paying job. Some of it was concern for our unborn child. Another part was worry that I wouldn't be good enough. It wasn't until I settled down later in the evening did I realize that I took a major first step to realizing a personal dream. When we get settled I will have an opportunity to explore my surroundings and maybe even get some camping done.

For now I have an Ikea bookshelf to put together.

Oingo
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 08:38:05 PM »
I'm not the only one!  Thank you all for your kind words and for sharing your own meshugoss...I can't express how much easier it is for me to stay centered in the midst of all this madness now that I know I'm not alone in feeling some uncertainty. 

And greengrl, I actually got a bit choked up reading your first reply (about dreams, not repayment-optional debt...although I enjoyed that one. too ;))  Which proves that a)it was a lovely post and b)I'm not only going to be one of the Old People of law school, but also one of the most sentimental.  Gah!

So here's to working through nerves and buying new bedroom furniture.  I'm so proud of all of us! 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 07:43:32 PM »
C'mon everybodt knows educational debt isnt REAL debt, right?  ;)

so does that mean it's on the "optional, flexible repayment plan" ??  :)

Believe it or not, it is.  People often stress out about loan repayment.  But I know people who for personal career reasons, can't make their loan payments.  All they do each month is call up their lenders and say they can't pay and that is okay.  Although interests get compounded into principle and their loan gets largers, but at least that keeps rent paid and food on the table.
Bruin once again.

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 12:51:19 PM »
I'm not the only one!  Thank you all for your kind words and for sharing your own meshugoss...I can't express how much easier it is for me to stay centered in the midst of all this madness now that I know I'm not alone in feeling some uncertainty. 

And greengrl, I actually got a bit choked up reading your first reply (about dreams, not repayment-optional debt...although I enjoyed that one. too ;))  Which proves that a)it was a lovely post and b)I'm not only going to be one of the Old People of law school, but also one of the most sentimental.  Gah!

So here's to working through nerves and buying new bedroom furniture.  I'm so proud of all of us! 

it makes my day to know it helped :) here's to new bedroom furniture! because when stress comes knocking, I suggest the most tried and true source of strength--RETAIL THERAPY :)

i think we should keep these threads and reread them when we graduate to see if we're still as panicked and neurotic :)

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 01:03:49 PM »
I just e-signed my Stafford Loan MPN and my private loan application - gulp!  No turning back now!!!
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

Monarch heels

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 04:59:02 AM »
I'll be buying a new bed, too.  What is it about major life changes that makes us all buy new beds?

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 08:00:07 PM »
I'll be buying a new bed, too.  What is it about major life changes that makes us all buy new beds?

Can't perform your best without a good night sleep.  It's usually only after UG, we realize that....
Bruin once again.

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 01:20:51 AM »

Can't perform your best without a good night sleep.  It's usually only after UG, we realize that....

and is it just me or do we develop a really strong sense of love for our bed as we grow older. i love my bed. i hate to sleep anywhere else.