Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: This is a good ending for a PS? ...  (Read 1077 times)

noell.sweet

This is a good ending for a PS? ...
« on: August 12, 2004, 02:02:33 PM »
As time goes by, I become more and more convinced of my desire to study law and one day take on the responsibilities of an attorney.  I want to be active in the cases, rather than just hear about the issues after the fact.  After two years, I am now comfortable in a law firm setting, and understand how they are run, having played an integral part in doing so myself.  I do not claim to know what law school is like; nevertheless, I am willing and able to approach it the same way I've approached my other opportunities: with persistence and commitment.

Is it OK?  :-\

thinknpositive

Re: This is a good ending for a PS? ...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 02:07:15 PM »
scrap that and put....

THE END

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 02:07:27 PM »
it sounds like you are using your PS to convince them you are ready for law school.  if that is your objective, then this is probably a fitting ending.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 02:10:20 PM »
I don't know how big of a firm you work at...however, as a file clerk in my firm, I can't say with any confidence I know how my firm runs.  I don't bill hours, I don't know how attorneys get assigned/decide which cases to take, or how our national office runs/organizes 30+ firms across the country.  That, and the life of a file clerk is much different than the life of a secretary, let alone an attorney.  

So to me, when you say that you know how firms run, it seems a little over confident and unrealistic.  Granted, your experience could be much different than mine, and you could be at a much smaller firm or something.  So take that with a grain of salt.

Other than that, it seems ok.  Generic, but not bad.

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 02:11:50 PM »
to be frank, when i read it i envisioned myself beating off to it... it just sounds like a load of crap to me that a lot of mediocre candidates will have in their PSs.. this is just my opinion though.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 02:15:49 PM »
it would sound really good, if it was the ending to a john grisham novel.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

noell.sweet

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 02:19:18 PM »
cool, thanks for the inputs. :)