Law School Discussion

"Interesting" issue(s) at Whittier

jmd001

Re: "Interesting" issue(s) at Whittier
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 05:30:31 PM »
I agree with flydog that it does not seem Whittier is trying to hide their probationary status.  As an applicant, I received notification of the school's status with nearly every correspondence.  Also, while browsing their website while preparing my application, I noticed a statement about the status without having to search for it.

I still, however, feel confident with my decision to withdraw and send a deposit to Chapman instead.

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 05:45:15 PM »
As far as the world renowned faculty:

A friend of a friend graduated Hastings last year and while waiting for his bar results stopped by Whittier to see if they had any short term openings for like secretaries or in their admissions department.  The guy was a decent student in the top 50% of his class but nothing spectacular.  Long story short they offer him a job as an adjunct professor where he remains to this day.  Dude hadnt even passed the bar yet. Totally blew his mind they were hiring him.

Does Hastings rockzor or does Whittier suxor? I think the later.

Ummmm I don't know how true this is...I was looking at Whittier's faculty and there are no graduates from Hastings: http://www.law.whittier.edu/faculty_admin/faculty_members.asp

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

A friend of a friend graduated Hastings last year and while waiting for his bar results stopped by Whittier to see if they had any short term openings for like secretaries or in their admissions department.  The guy was a decent student in the top 50% of his class but nothing spectacular.  Long story short they offer him a job as an adjunct professor where he remains to this day.  Dude hadnt even passed the bar yet. Totally blew his mind they were hiring him.

Ummmm I don't know how true this is...I was looking at Whittier's faculty and there are no graduates from Hastings: http://www.law.whittier.edu/faculty_admin/faculty_members.asp

Those aren't adjuncts.

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 06:01:13 PM »

The key word in my post being ADJUNCT and you linked to the full timers.  Regardless my story WAS incorrect he teaches at University of La Verne SOL.  I get the local TTTs confused.

Haha. Ok, I guess our mistakes balance out ;)