Law School Discussion

The MTTFTB

dbgirl

• View Profile
Re: The MTTFTB
« Reply #530 on: June 22, 2006, 07:10:46 PM »
BTW ...
I think people @ work like me because I smile sometimes (apparently that's illegal in that office)  :D

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 22, 2006, 07:15:35 PM »
One more thing I wanted to tell the boat:

I ordered GUITARS!!!!!!
The bf's is black, mine is sunburst red (I wanted black but he picked it first, and the sunburst red is cute too.)

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »
The bf didn't used to be jealous, but I think he's become more so since I've been going to law school. Even so, it's a cute jealous, not a possessive(sp?) kind of thing.

One of the guys at work said the cutest thing today:  "You bring a kind of magic with you. Wherever you go, things get done."
That made me really smile  ;D

I'm going to have to watch out for this, then. 

And what a nice compliment...so sweet.  :)

The guitar pics are not showing up for me, but they sound awesome!

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2006, 09:34:39 PM »
OK, it's a problem w/the website we ordered from, I'm trying again

Mine

His

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 22, 2006, 09:46:23 PM »
Hey, what's the brand name on that red one?  It looks just like the one my parents bought my bf for his b-day this year. 

Are you two gonna be like Mitch and Micki? (Reference to the Christopher Guest movie "A Mighty Wind.")

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2006, 10:01:10 PM »
Hey, what's the brand name on that red one?  It looks just like the one my parents bought my bf for his b-day this year. 

Are you two gonna be like Mitch and Micki? (Reference to the Christopher Guest movie "A Mighty Wind.")

It's an Ibanez .... don't tell me your bf and I have matching guitars  :D

Well, I haven't seen the movie ... but I was thinking maybe we'd be good or something?  We just need to figure out where to take lessons now ... there is a place around the corner from my house, but that's private lessons, I'm thinking community college lessons or something.

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 22, 2006, 10:05:06 PM »

Well, I haven't seen the movie ... but I was thinking maybe we'd be good or something?  We just need to figure out where to take lessons now ... there is a place around the corner from my house, but that's private lessons, I'm thinking community college lessons or something.

I think his is from some company that starts with an "F," but they look a lot alike. 

"A Mighty Wind" is a funny movie if you like folk music (even just a little) and if you are a fan of that "Best in Show" type humor.  I think I'm gonna have to obtain it and watch it soon, now that I mentioned this.  Anyway, I think it would be awesome if you guys played together...sooooo cute.  :)

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 22, 2006, 10:07:44 PM »

I think his is from some company that starts with an "F," but they look a lot alike. 

"A Mighty Wind" is a funny movie if you like folk music (even just a little) and if you are a fan of that "Best in Show" type humor.  I think I'm gonna have to obtain it and watch it soon, now that I mentioned this.  Anyway, I think it would be awesome if you guys played together...sooooo cute.  :)

Thanks  :) ... he's only been promising me we'd do this for 8 years  :D
He's really shy and doesn't like to sing, so I guess he'll be my backup player.

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 22, 2006, 10:13:17 PM »
Thanks  :) ... he's only been promising me we'd do this for 8 years  :D
He's really shy and doesn't like to sing, so I guess he'll be my backup player.

It's funny...the bf wanted to learn the guitar and I wanted to learn the violin, except I was always too tight with money to buy one (making excuses mainly)...he is starting to learn his guitar now and I am sort of thinking of asking for one for my birthday in August.  Not that I'll have time during 1L, although it might be a good stress reliever.  He has a very Bob Dylanesque singing voice, which would work for me. 

Anyway, I think you guys should do it.  I bet you'd sound awesome and have lots of fun!

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 25, 2006, 12:03:53 AM »
I have more exciting news that I want to tell the boat (and only the boat, because others might judge my behavior).