Law School Discussion

The MTTFTB

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
Re: The MTTFTB
« Reply #520 on: June 21, 2006, 09:08:59 PM »
Puce! That's kinda fantastic.
I'm just chillin' like a villain, not too much going on.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Watching tv, making tea, drinking wine, and posting alternately.  Nothing interesting, though.  :P

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 21, 2006, 09:11:27 PM »
Ummm, I'm doing the exact same thing, but the tea is already made and just kinda sitting here warming. I have decaf green and pinot grigio, what are yours?

Vanilla red tea and Pinot Noir.  I'm out of Splenda, though, and I'm debating what to use for a substitute.   :(

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 21, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »
Hm, what else is around? Honey might be a good sub if you don't want sugar.

Naw....don't eat honey, though.  I could just drink it plain.  Damn.  I need to buy more Splenda.  Soooo addicted.  :-\

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 21, 2006, 09:37:24 PM »
Hey ladies ... I think I kinda sorta quit my job. I'm not sure that's quite what I wanted to do. I had big plans for the $$$.
The thing is the recruiter asked how I was managing working full-time + research projects on the side. I told her "not very well." So, she lined someone else up to take my place and told me not to feel guilty.
I don't know, I wanted to leave, but not for a couple more weeks or until I had a better offer.   :-[
Sigh. They like me so much they want me to train the new person.

In other news ... I applied for a project at my school that pays a decent stipend for 10-15 hours/week. Wish me luck.

I also have a really cool freelance gig reading/copyediting a novel for a friend of mine. I am nothing if not resourceful.

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 21, 2006, 09:39:53 PM »
Maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise? Good luck, though!

Agreed.  And good luck with the new gig.  :)

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #525 on: June 21, 2006, 09:40:19 PM »

Well, kind of. I mean, I have really bad back problems and the job was literally hurting me. Plus, it was really boring and (frankly) the attorneys were/are unfriendly jerks.
The rest of the staff is really sweet though. I even think my coworker has a little crush on me. It's sort of cute.

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »

Well, kind of. I mean, I have really bad back problems and the job was literally hurting me. Plus, it was really boring and (frankly) the attorneys were/are unfriendly jerks.
The rest of the staff is really sweet though. I even think my coworker has a little crush on me. It's sort of cute.

I love crushes...they're the best.   :D 

This will be a good thing for you in the long run, I think.  You seemed unhappy at it.

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 21, 2006, 09:46:28 PM »

I love crushes...they're the best.
   :D 

This will be a good thing for you in the long run, I think.  You seemed unhappy at it.

My boyfriend is getting annoyed that my coworker (maybe) likes me.  And my coworker has the same name as the guy who called me to read his novel.  So, the guy called and I said "Oh hi __________" and the bf thought I'd given my number to my coworker  :D
Anyway, the coworker is really sweet. He bragged to the managing partner about what a good job I'm doing.

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 21, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »

My boyfriend is getting annoyed that my coworker (maybe) likes me.  And my coworker has the same name as the guy who called me to read his novel.  So, the guy called and I said "Oh hi __________" and the bf thought I'd given my number to my coworker  :D
Anyway, the coworker is really sweet. He bragged to the managing partner about what a good job I'm doing.

Is the bf the jealous type? 

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2006, 07:09:37 PM »

Is the bf the jealous type? 

The bf didn't used to be jealous, but I think he's become more so since I've been going to law school. Even so, it's a cute jealous, not a possessive(sp?) kind of thing.

One of the guys at work said the cutest thing today:  "You bring a kind of magic with you. Wherever you go, things get done."
That made me really smile  ;D