Law School Discussion

The MTTFTB

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: The MTTFTB
« Reply #480 on: June 18, 2006, 11:14:19 PM »
Oh, I'm trying to psych myself up to go to another fun week of work. It's funny, because they are looking for a permanent person and I agreed to stay until either they find a permanent person or I get a better offer. So, everyday I whine to myself about how much I hate it there, but the other day someone came in to interview for "my" job, and I got a little jealous  :-\

I think it's the "I don't want him/You can't have him syndrome." You know, you don't really want to date a particular guy but when he starts liking other girls, it hurts a bit.

I guess I don't have to worry yet though because they didn't like the chick, for whatever reason.

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 18, 2006, 11:16:55 PM »
Oh, I'm trying to psych myself up to go to another fun week of work. It's funny, because they are looking for a permanent person and I agreed to stay until either they find a permanent person or I get a better offer. So, everyday I whine to myself about how much I hate it there, but the other day someone came in to interview for "my" job, and I got a little jealous  :-\

I think it's the "I don't want him/You can't have him syndrome." You know, you don't really want to date a particular guy but when he starts liking other girls, it hurts a bit.

I guess I don't have to worry yet though because they didn't like the chick, for whatever reason.

Ha!  This reminds me of my sister's work.  They keep hiring different people for this one job, and then firing them because they suck at it.  They also rely way too much on this stupid personality test that they make the people take.  I could go on and on...but I'll be brief.  Just that they just hired someone new and I'm wondering how long it will be until they nit pick her "faults" to death, too.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #482 on: June 18, 2006, 11:23:16 PM »
The bottom line is a person doesn't need to go to law school or have law school ambitions to do my work, but the firm doesn't believe it  :D

All the dumb companies I've worked for have given me a lot of ideas about how I would do things if I ran my own business. I'd really want to have a happy crowd at my place.

The best short-term jobs I had were the ones that offered little (but nice) perks - free snacks/drinks stuff like that. It doesn't cost much to have some soda, water and trail mix around.  I briefly worked for California's Prop 72 (stem cell research) campaign -- they treated me really well. All the employees got free lunch ordered in every day (as a way of keeping us @ work of course).

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 18, 2006, 11:24:46 PM »
The bottom line is a person doesn't need to go to law school or have law school ambitions to do my work, but the firm doesn't believe it  :D

All the dumb companies I've worked for have given me a lot of ideas about how I would do things if I ran my own business. I'd really want to have a happy crowd at my place.

The best short-term jobs I had were the ones that offered little (but nice) perks - free snacks/drinks stuff like that. It doesn't cost much to have some soda, water and trail mix around.  I briefly worked for California's Prop 72 (stem cell research) campaign -- they treated me really well. All the employees got free lunch ordered in every day (as a way of keeping us @ work of course).

Mmmmm.....free lunch....mmmmm... :P

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #484 on: June 18, 2006, 11:29:28 PM »

There were lots of different restaurants around -- we could order anything we wanted, every day. Plus he had a full fridge/pantry.  Probably not the healthiest job on earth, but fun.

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 19, 2006, 08:59:46 PM »

There were lots of different restaurants around -- we could order anything we wanted, every day. Plus he had a full fridge/pantry.  Probably not the healthiest job on earth, but fun.

Yummers  :D

I like wine. 
A lot. 
That is all.

some weird girl

• Hobbs I object!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - icyandcoldgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 19, 2006, 11:32:15 PM »

Yummers  :D

I like wine. 
A lot. 
That is all.
WINE GOOD

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #487 on: June 20, 2006, 06:51:22 PM »
Hey everyone!
 :)

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 20, 2006, 08:02:22 PM »
Hello there nice tankboat...lovely tankboat...sweet tankboat ( :caresses boat lovingly: )  :P

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 20, 2006, 08:04:36 PM »
i heart the tankboat

Aye lassie...she's a fair boat if I do say so meself.  :P