Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Maryland Class of 2009  (Read 5458 times)

Jtrich614

University of Maryland Class of 2009
« on: May 31, 2006, 08:52:39 AM »
For anyone who will be attending the University of Maryland School of Law in the Fall, this is the place to provide any thoughts or information on the law school itself, orientation, living situations, start of classes, moving to Baltimore...

Anyone planning to attend either one of the New Student Welcome Nights?

Huntre17

• View Profile
Re: University of Maryland Class of 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 09:06:58 AM »
For anyone who will be attending the University of Maryland School of Law in the Fall, this is the place to provide any thoughts or information on the law school itself, orientation, living situations, start of classes, moving to Baltimore...

Anyone planning to attend either one of the New Student Welcome Nights?

I'm bummed the June welcome night is the one night of the entire month when I can't be there.  I have a work committment I absolutely can't get out of.  I'm going to miss the July one too because I will be spending most of the summer out of state as I am quitting my job at the end of the month. ;D  So, despite the fact that I live about 15 min from the law school I won't be there until August.

Huntre17

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 11:55:37 AM »
I don't know much about the "on campus" options offered, as I already have a house here, so luckily housing isn't an issue.  Other than craigslist here are a couple of places you might check out:
Tha Baltimore City Paper - http://www.zwire.com/site/tab1.cfm?brd=2752

The Baltimore Sport & Social Club website has message boards which can sometimes be helpful - http://www.baltssc.com/board_list.asp

Good luck with the housing search!

kmatt

• AOL Instant Messenger - kebbo16
    • View Profile
    • Maryland Law Discussion Board
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 07:45:35 PM »
Hey everyone, I'll be at Maryland Law in the fall too. I just RSVP'd for the Welcome Night on June 13th so hopefully I'll see some of you all there. Just to let everyone know, I did set up a separate message board strictly for our incoming class. It's at http://s9.invisionfree.com/Maryland_Law_School/ . I just figured it would provide all of us with a spot off of LSD where we could talk about everything and get to know each other without the traffic on here. Good luck to everyone this summer and I hope to meet all of you real soon.

Kevin
LSAT: 164, GPA: 3.5, UG: UNC-CH

In: Maryland, Emory, American, Wake
Out: Boston College
WL: Boston U., GW, Fordham, W&M, UNC

Attending: Maryland Law - Class of '09...FEAR THE TURTLE!!

Inquirer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 10:25:08 PM »
Kevin -- wonderful idea :)

I don't have to move to Baltimore either, since I have a house here in a pretty quiet neighborhood (after a quick talk to the neighbor's son to remind him that blasting his music will be out of the question when I'm at home studying).  I might go to the June Welcome Night, but I haven't made up my mind yet. There's an orientation schedule from last year on the website, and if they keep it in the same format this year, it seems pretty cool (but from what I understand we may be getting more information about that later this summer)

Anyway, JT some other neighborhoods you might consider are in Northeast Baltimore near Morgan State University. It's about a 15/20 minute drive to the school, but some of the areas are nice (like Hamilton) and a decent apartment can be found.  Additional neighborhoods to consider are Hamden and Wyman Park. As Huntre suggested, the City Paper is probably the best way to go if you're looking for lower cost housing. I recently did a search for a Sorority sister of mine who wants to move back to the city and I found a lot of nice enough places. It's important to know that finding good housing here is sorta hard to do if you can't see, unless you are planning to spend a lot of money for a luxury apartment. I hope your search goes well though.

kmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 02:30:07 PM »
Hey JTRich, I'm actually in the market for a roommate too. I'll be living at University Suites. Feel free to drop me a message if you'd planned on living there too.

Kevin

tankbrain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 03:54:55 PM »
Hey everyone, I'll be at Maryland Law in the fall too. I just RSVP'd for the Welcome Night on June 13th so hopefully I'll see some of you all there. Just to let everyone know, I did set up a separate message board strictly for our incoming class. It's at http://s9.invisionfree.com/Maryland_Law_School/ . I just figured it would provide all of us with a spot off of LSD where we could talk about everything and get to know each other without the traffic on here. Good luck to everyone this summer and I hope to meet all of you real soon.

Kevin

I can't make the June Welcome Night either. Would you let us know how it went KMatt?
LSAT: 165
GPA:  3.4

kmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 04:24:24 PM »

Kevin

I can't make the June Welcome Night either. Would you let us know how it went KMatt?

Of course. Hopefully I won't be the ONLY person there since it seems no one can make it :) Take care all!

Kevin

kmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 02:14:20 PM »
*ahem ahem*

Any new UMB chatter?

Not so much that I've heard. I'm on my way to the Welcome Night tonight at the law school. I'll try to post if anything particularly interesting is said. Oh, and if anyone's been wondering (like me), the Dell computers set up by the school should be available for purchase either lat this week or early next week. I emailed the head of the technology department and that's the information that he gave me. Anyone else get room assignments at University Suites? I just got mine back so I'm curious to see what other people got. Peace!

Kevin

thelynifer

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's not as easy as it looks.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LYN581
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 02:31:21 PM »
Kevin: I'll be there tonight as well. I just got in off the waitlist and sent in my seat deposit a few days ago. I hope some other people can make it! I'm pretty excited, but kinda nervous too ::)