Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: horror story  (Read 1947 times)

Water

• View Profile
horror story
« on: May 30, 2006, 02:08:30 AM »
I wrote the February LSAT and during the first section one of the proctors had a seizure, lasted about a minute but he was disoriented and convulsing for approx. 10 minutes. The other proctors didn't say anything but the test continued as normal. Second section it happened again. The proctor was removed right before the third section started. We found out later, he was taken to the hospital but was fine. I had to of course cancel my score and will be doing my re-write.

dusya4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: horror story
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:52:35 AM »
That really is a horror story. I wonder how many people canceled the test after that.
All you need is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=XYHA4

hahagiggles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 01:10:29 AM »
in addition to cancelling, you guys should have written LSAC about the incident, and explain how they should let you retake it.  I heard you can contest almost any test taking condition and they'll consider letting to retake for free.

fificat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:36:18 AM »
This is more of an older students type of horror story.
1) My husband was admiited to hospital on Saturday night as an emergency, just 2 days before the test.
2) In my confusion I thought the test was on in the morning and not the afternoon and I had to scramble to make plans for having my daughter picked up from school.
3) As I'm on the phone trying to make arrangements I realise my front tooth crown had fallen off and I'm left with a little spike right in the front of my mouth!! Needless to day I never found the crown and had to spend $1,000 having it replaced.
4) My friend told me the test centre was right off the parkway and I'm driving and driving and 15 miles later I find the place. At this point my nerves are shot.
5) I find a place to park and I think maybe my luck is changing but wait just as I get out of the car I trip and fall flat on my face.
6) I go in for the test and lo and behold I'm assigned to the front row which really was probably the worst seat in the place.
7) They hand out the booklets and I open mine to see my least favorite section - the LG staring me in the face.
8) Needless to say I bombed half of the games and now I'm getting nervous about the whole experience and am debating cancelling the score.

Maybe I should stay home and bake cookies for the rest of my life as it looks like law school is not on my hoizon!!!

PhiMuAmberkins

• Sr. Citizen
  • A self-tar.
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - amberkinsluvyoulongtime
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 05:06:20 PM »
1. I found out my gramma has cancer Friday.
2. Drove to Fayetteville (2 hours away) with my brakes going out Friday night.  (my gramma made me go...she's mean for an 83 year old 102 lb woman with lung cancer! She said if I was gonna spend that much money on a test I needed to go take it!)
3. Got burnt to a crisp on the river Saturday
4. Drank my body weight in beer on Saturday.
5. Recovered on Sunday.
6. Discovered my boyfriend had lost our entire amount of money (over $300 dollars) that we had with us. (I still think it got stolen)
7. Had to borrow money from a friend in town.
8. Couldn't find a parking space and then had to pay to park in the parking garage halfway across campus.  Fell up the stairs walking. 
9. Lost my pencils.

My LSAT experience was bad...making someone who just went through that (and was peeling BAD) sit still for 5 hours was sadistic!

(Disclaimer: Yes, I realize the beer and the sunburn were my fault.  My bad.  I didn't freak out before my test...too much stress!)